College Football 25

Ty21

3 hours ago, August4th said:

All sounds good, but I don't trust EA one bit.

If its TRULY built from the ground up and has a good foundation, it could be really good.

Madden needs torn down and built from the ground up, but that will never happen for obvious reasons.

On 10/21/2023 at 3:30 PM, 43M said:

If its TRULY built from the ground up and has a good foundation, it could be really good.

Madden needs torn down and built from the ground up, but that will never happen for obvious reasons.

@MKnight82

Honestly over the last 3-4 years, how much has Madden Franchise actually changed? I haven't played it but I've followed along on yours, it legit looks like the same exact game.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

@MKnight82

Honestly over the last 3-4 years, how much has Madden Franchise actually changed? I haven't played it but I've followed along on yours, it legit looks like the same exact game.

There were major changes made to the scouting system about 2 years ago. They’ve improved the draft classes as well as given more flexibility to decide how strong you want the classes to be. The game still struggles with simulating realistic stats and it still just kind of feels bare and empty. I would compare it to playing an open world rpg that’s huge but doesn’t have a lot to do in it. It’s pretty but doesn’t have a lot of the bells and whistles it should have.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 3:30 PM, 43M said:

I'm kind of hoping that is what is happening with NCAA.  They rebuild from the ground up, get it ran through testing and patching with a cycle or two of NCAA, and then bring Madden over without having to risk the issues of a new foundational code failing on their more marquee name brand.  I was thinking that is part of what caused them to delay this game in the first place.  They have unique opportunity to rebuild Madden, while still selling their annual reskin, without having to deal with the risk of the bugs new code will bring.  Lets them course correct, while also playing it safe.

14 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

There were major changes made to the scouting system about 2 years ago. They’ve improved the draft classes as well as given more flexibility to decide how strong you want the classes to be. The game still struggles with simulating realistic stats and it still just kind of feels bare and empty. I would compare it to playing an open world rpg that’s huge but doesn’t have a lot to do in it. It’s pretty but doesn’t have a lot of the bells and whistles it should have.

I feel like the Madden franchises are good if you are probably like most fans and play just a couple of seasons of franchise. 

If you want to play for years and years and dig into stats and ratings it always seems like there end up being huge problems. 

Hopefully that isn't the case. I had numerous NCAA dynasties that went 10, 15 years or more. If anything it didn't really get to its most fun until all of the premade players were gone and it was 100% players that I recruited and developed. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2024 at 8:29 AM, iknowcool said:

This game is supposed to come out in Summer 2024 and we still haven't seen anything.  There's still time but a teaser would be nice given this game hasn't been out since 2013.

Eric Rayweather on YouTube suggests that the release day would be July 12th or 19th because that coincides with when NCAA was usually released before Madden in the past. He also said that we would get that date a month or two before hand. 

2 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Eric Rayweather on YouTube suggests that the release day would be July 12th or 19th because that coincides with when NCAA was usually released before Madden in the past. He also said that we would get that date a month or two before hand. 

I'm thinking they'll start showing some things around the NFL Draft, in terms of screen shots and hype trailer.  At the least, we should have the official release date by the end of draft weekend.  That's when Madden used to start slow dripping screen shots of the new draftees in their NFL uniforms, and the prospects would do little commercials.  The cycle is so different because of the time off from the series, but EA normally doesn't show much about their games until about a month before release.  I don't remember the old information release cycle they would do, but I don't think they did their feature reveals and dynasty deep dives until late May to June previously.  They'll probably do something similar to that now.

37 minutes ago, August4th said:

Theirs going to be scans of real players in this game according to Matt brown. He says EA is trying to scan the most faces ever for a game. 

I will assume this would extend to coaches as well which would be fantastic. 

• Like 1

Just now, MikeT14 said:

I will assume this would extend to coaches as well which would be fantastic. 

from what we're hearing about this game. I think this is going to be the most immersive football game we've seen since ps2 days, now if it plays well is another story lol I can't wait to see how they incorporate all the stuff they asked the schools to send

Just now, August4th said:

from what we're hearing about this game. I think this is going to be the most immersive football game we've seen since ps2 days, now if it plays well is another story lol I can't wait to see how they incorporate all the stuff they asked the schools to send

Honestly, the simulation part of it is most important to me more than the actual gameplay lol. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Honestly, the simulation part of it is most important to me more than the actual gameplay lol. 

that's a big deal too. I remember one NCAA had schools like Air force and Toledo becoming superpowers by year 3 in dynasty. it took me out of the game lol