NCAA football

Ty21

22 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

Blitz The League 2 was the pinnacle 

Gameplay was pretty terrible.   Had its fun moments, but was too limited.

Had alot of potential though.      Wish a game like that could be expanded upon.

On 5/11/2018 at 1:12 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

Gameplay was pretty terrible.   Had its fun moments, but was too limited.

Had alot of potential though.      Wish a game like that could be expanded upon.

I enjoyed it, but certain plays were gimmies and the cpu never adjusted.

I'd love to see different football games out there without the NFL name. I'd give it a chance.

On 4/28/2018 at 5:01 PM, showtime said:

Two of my favorite sports games were NCAA Football and the Fight Night boxing series.  I wish both came back.

Oh my God.  They just put Fight Night Champion (released in 2011) as backwards compatible on Xbox One.  Of course I bought the game back when it released and it turns out I bought it digitally back then because it's available to download without me having to buy it.  Man, hell freaking yes.

Been having this song in my head the entire day since I've heard the news.  I'm ready ready ready for the fight:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypo1-cGbCBY&t=4m20s

• 5 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Only way this is good news is if EA has nothing to do with it.

Depends... If they try to institute some of the New elements we've seen from their games then this is true (I mean c'mon loot boxes in nba live? Wtf ea) but if they just stick to the previous formula and just have the Dev team give it some upgrades it could be fine...NCAA football was one of the few EA franchises that never really suffered from a lot of the issues of other EA games and was always enjoyable... Which is odd especially because there were many years where NCAA football was great but Madden sucked... You'd think the two teams could work together to make both football games good but it just never happened.

Edited by rob_shadows

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, carrolljcmc said:

Problem is, recruiting is way too easy in NCAA 14. If you don't win the National Championship within 5 seasons at any Power 5 school you're doing something wrong. Hell by the 5th season in my FIU franchise, the team was 97 overall.

Edited by Danger

4 hours ago, Danger said:

Problem is, recruiting is way too easy in NCAA 14. If you don't win the National Championship within 5 seasons at any Power 5 school you're doing something wrong. Hell by the 5th season in my FIU franchise, the team was 97 overall.

I always thought that it was too easy to improve your school (and get better recruits as a result). I would typically play as a G5 team, and as long as you won 8 or 9 games and your bowl game, you typically seemed to go up a "star" each year. It was too easy to move from a one-star school to a five star powerhouse in just four or five seasons. It should've been much more difficult to move up once you got to a certain stage. 

1 hour ago, Lions017 said:

I always thought that it was too easy to improve your school (and get better recruits as a result). I would typically play as a G5 team, and as long as you won 8 or 9 games and your bowl game, you typically seemed to go up a "star" each year. It was too easy to move from a one-star school to a five star powerhouse in just four or five seasons. It should've been much more difficult to move up once you got to a certain stage. 

As a 3-star school if you know what you're doing you should have the top class every season. 

53 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

It was easy if you played the games... But if all you did was simulate all games getting a 1 star school to 5 stars was pretty hard in my experience

I did sim, all you have to do is invest your points into the recruiting tree and know how to do it. Give it 5 seasons and you'll be Top 10 with any school.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I did sim, all you have to do is invest your points into the recruiting tree and know how to do it. Give it 5 seasons and you'll be Top 10 with any school.

On mine when I had a one star school I could only pull one... Maybe to recruits per year that were 4 or 5 stars so I could never build a strong enough roster when simming the games.