NCAA football

Ty21

7 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

On mine when I had a one star school I could only pull one... Maybe to recruits per year that were 4 or 5 stars so I could never build a strong enough roster when simming the games.

As long as they're 3 stars or higher it doesn't matter. 

1st thing you do is max out scouting. Scout people early and often. If you're going after a particular player make sure you put max points on them, there's no sense in going halfway on a prospect unless you're already positive they're going to commit to your school. Know when to hold em and when to fold em. If you're losing ground then it's time to let them go. Then, and most importantly, use the search function to find prospects that are mysteriously being ignored by all other schools (Search Lock Percentage <25%. Scout them all, and find the gems. One time I had a prospect at Guard that was listed at 65 but after scouting he went up to 77. Other things to note. WRs and HBs are a dime a dozen, wait towards the end of the season for them unless you're pretty high on a top tier prospects list. There are a plethora of other small tips, but those are the most important. 

Edited by Danger

18 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Can someone else try logging in to the ncaa football 14 servers and see if it works?  I was using it as late as last year and it was still up and running, but now I can't.

http://www.easports.com/dynasty 

I believe they shut down the servers, and teambuilder, around a year to 6 months ago.

I could be wrong, but I think I remember reading that a while back.

Edited by jyod21

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Why can't the olds games be brought back, just as remastered editions? This happens all the time for Play Station and Xbox games.

Because of the whole reason EA dropped the franchise to begin with. They were getting into very legally gray areas with using personal likenesses in this game while the players are not allowed to be paid. The game developers, not the console platforms decide what games do and don't get to come back or get released through certain mediums.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Has there ever been a reason why EA hasn't just created the game with made up schools?

a) I bet people would buy it

b) people could create teams...

I wouldn't really be into it. If they wanted to make the schools with made up rosters that'd be fine (Just let people edit the rosters like they do now to insert the real players for Dynasty mode)

58 minutes ago, Danger said:

I wouldn't really be into it. If they wanted to make the schools with made up rosters that'd be fine (Just let people edit the rosters like they do now to insert the real players for Dynasty mode)

I'm not sure I follow you. I think we're on the same page of what should be done. You're saying it'd be fine, but also that you don't want it?

Just now, MikeT14 said:

I'm not sure I follow you. I think we're on the same page of what should be done. You're saying it'd be fine, but also that you don't want it?

What I think you said is "Make fake schools with fake teams" I'm saying "Make real schools with fake teams"

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

What I think you said is "Make fake schools with fake teams" I'm saying "Make real schools with fake teams"

Got it. I follow you. I'm not sure if the license issue extends to schools. If not, then 100% yes definitely your route. I thought I remember the schools licenses now being an issue, therefore my idea of Eastern Virginia University Lovers versus South Philadelphia State Cheesesteaks.