NCAA football

Ty21

On 1/27/2019 at 9:45 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

Meh... even if it comes back, I don't have much faith EA will do much with it. The team that made the NCAA games back then has been disbanded... So it would be a new team making the game, and they would be directed by the higher-ups to focus on microtransactions and whatever Ultimate Team feature they put in the game rather than gameplay and features to make the game enjoyable.

On 1/28/2019 at 8:19 AM, MikeT14 said:

Willing to risk it ;) 

This is basically where I'm at with getting a new NCAA game. EA is probably going to ruin the game but I'd probably still buy it night 1. Then I'd just rage at it and go back to NCAA 14. I can play that game forever probably.

41 minutes ago, rackcs said:

This is basically where I'm at with getting a new NCAA game. EA is probably going to ruin the game but I'd probably still buy it night 1. Then I'd just rage at it and go back to NCAA 14. I can play that game forever probably.

I'd like the new graphics, and I don't see them putting microtransactions into dynasty since they haven't in Madden for franchise. So no skin off my bones. I don't give a rats a** about everything else.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I'd like the new graphics, and I don't see them putting microtransactions into dynasty since they haven't in Madden for franchise. So no skin off my bones. I don't give a rats a** about everything else.

Yeah but they also ruined franchise mode in madden despite not adding in microtransactions. That's the thing to me about the Madden games. It's not the microtransactions that bother me because I have never even played ultimate team. It's the fact that the franchise mode is so basic and boring. 

17 hours ago, rackcs said:

Yeah but they also ruined franchise mode in madden despite not adding in microtransactions. That's the thing to me about the Madden games. It's not the microtransactions that bother me because I have never even played ultimate team. It's the fact that the franchise mode is so basic and boring. 

To me the college game lends itself better to long-term franchise modes. I had no problem playing 10, 15 years with fictional recruits, but in Madden in has always felt weird to me when you're five years in and the league is half real players and half made-up. 

• Like 1

I'm in the camp that says I'd buy this day 1 and likely be highly disappointed by it if EA is involved. It's crazy to think Madden 07 for GameCube has significantly more replay ability and customization than Madden 19 or whatever the newest one is for Xbox 1. Making a good dynasty/franchise mode is the easiest thing you can possibly do.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

I'm in the camp that says I'd buy this day 1 and likely be highly disappointed by it if EA is involved. It's crazy to think Madden 07 for GameCube has significantly more replay ability and customization than Madden 19 or whatever the newest one is for Xbox 1. Making a good dynasty/franchise mode is the easiest thing you can possibly do.

Yeah but it doesn't make you money because it's harder to monetize so they don't care.