NCAA football

Ty21

11 hours ago, Tyty said:

The only guarantees in life: death, taxes, and ****ing Navy becoming the top team in the nation in every single dynasty after a couple years 

Army is the same way for me. My first National Championship game on my current dynasty was against Army, felt like a cheap way to win my first title. Navy is more consistent though and i feel like it has always been that way in every NCAA game. 

The bill in question passed the state senate last month and is now set for hearings by two state assembly committees. It would allow student-athletes at California schools to earn compensation for the use of their own name, image, and likeness beginning in 2023. And that bill led to a letter from NCAA president Mark Emmert (seen above at the Final Four earlier this year) to those committee chairs asking for the bill to be postponed while the organization discusses changes themselves, claiming that this bill would “make it impossible to host fair national championships,” and threatening to bar California schools from play in those championships as a result.

https://awfulannouncing.com/ncaa/ncaa-california-image-rights.html

looks like NCAA will have no choice but the let players profit from their likeness lol no way would they shut out California ..thats a whole coast lol

Edited by August4th

1 hour ago, August4th said:

https://awfulannouncing.com/ncaa/ncaa-california-image-rights.html

looks like NCAA will have no choice but the let players profit from their likeness lol no way would they shut out California ..thats a whole coast lol

Ah yes, those corrupt *** politicians from CA. Looking to see how big of a payout they can get from the NCAA under the table. This will magically disappear within a few months.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

anyone been keeping up with the news on Doug Fluties Maximum Football? Some real promise there to bring a different football experience to consoles. Keep in mind this is like a 5 man team developing this game. Gonna be a lot of features missing in the first year including an online file share, but they are actually listening to the community and initial screenshots definitely look promising. Game is set to release in September. Everyone complains about EA and the lack of a college football game. Buy this to show support to the developers in giving us a college football game

5 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

anyone been keeping up with the news on Doug Fluties Maximum Football? Some real promise there to bring a different football experience to consoles. Keep in mind this is like a 5 man team developing this game. Gonna be a lot of features missing in the first year including an online file share, but they are actually listening to the community and initial screenshots definitely look promising. Game is set to release in September. Everyone complains about EA and the lack of a college football game. Buy this to show support to the developers in giving us a college football game

Look a few pages back. I know it's a small dev team, but with the quality of the product I'm seeing, I'll pass.

13 minutes ago, Danger said:

Look a few pages back. I know it's a small dev team, but with the quality of the product I'm seeing, I'll pass.

That was a different game by that BS company ImakulateGaming or whatever.. the Gridiron Champions game. 

This game apparently already has a 2018 version on consoles but has came under some new funding with Doug Flutie signing on as an endorser. 

They are very transparent about the fact that its gonna be missing a lot of features that people want to see. But Ill be supporting them and buying this game as I want to support any company besides EA developing a football game.

EDIT: Heres a link to the full FAQ

https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/doug-fluties-maximum-football/955759-doug-fluties-maximum-football-faq.html#post2049850823

Edited by Cheesehawk

4 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

This game might be pretty good for college football Sim nuts... but graphics and gameplay aren't going to pull in the large crowds. Depending on what I hear about it and how much it costs, I'm a check it out at some point.

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

This game might be pretty good for college football Sim nuts... but graphics and gameplay aren't going to pull in the large crowds. Depending on what I hear about it and how much it costs, I'm a check it out at some point.

Looks like it will be releasing with a $30 price tag. 

20 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Looks like it will be releasing with a $30 price tag. 

Ill probably wait until it dips to $20...and thats only if the sim and recruiting engine get great reviews.

11 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Ill probably wait until it dips to $20...and thats only if the sim and recruiting engine get great reviews.

If it gets any above average reviews I’ll probably buy it the next day lol

3 minutes ago, Tyty said:

If it gets any above average reviews I’ll probably buy it the next day lol

Ha....10 years ago when I was a bigger gamer, I may have.    Now, I usually wait for MOST games to drop to $20 or below before I buy them.    For a (pretty much) sim only college football game?    Gonna need more than just okay reviews for me to spend money on it.