NCAA football

Ty21

17 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I’ll never understand people crying if they can’t stop a play. If you can’t stop it, why would I stop running it? I remember being in a Madden League on this forum actually and someone cried hardcore that I kept killing them with a basic HB Draw. Nothing special about the draw what so ever, they were just too dumb to stop it. Can’t remember who it was but my goodness they cried in the League Thread after. Why I’ll never participate in a league here again or else I woulda joined the one ongoing. 

To me it depends - if it's something about the game that makes it impossible to stop no matter how you defend it, that's not fun, that's just taking advantage of the game. Cheesing isn't fun. Many football games struggle with balance and have nearly unstoppable plays.

If it's legitimate, though, then there's no reason not to do it. 

3 hours ago, Lions017 said:

To me it depends - if it's something about the game that makes it impossible to stop no matter how you defend it, that's not fun, that's just taking advantage of the game. Cheesing isn't fun. Many football games struggle with balance and have nearly unstoppable plays.

If it's legitimate, though, then there's no reason not to do it. 

You can stop any play consistently with good usering of the Safety or LB though. I always thought my offenses were pretty good until I ran into those elite safety users. They are real real tough and you cannot run the same play twice no matter what it is. 

• 1 month later...

So I fired NCAA 14 up and ran through a season in my Ashland University Dynasty, it’s the 2040 season. Won the B1G in double OT over #1 Ohio State. #2 LSU and #4 Pittsburgh both lost their conference championships. Due to all that craziness #5 Georgia Tech leap frogged everyone for the #2 spot in the Natty.

Georgia Tech is 9-3, didn’t even play in the ACC Championship. Plus they Lost BIG to both teams that did play in the ACC Championship. Their marque win was against a 7-5 Georgia team. They made the Natty over 11-1 Oklahoma (Big XII Champs), 11-2 USC (PAC-12 Champs), 12-1 OSU and 12-1 LSU. 

I mean don’t get me wrong I love this game but damn does it have some issues. It’s too bad we didn’t get the College Football Playoffs in this game, would have at least masked the absurdity that is a 9-3 team playing for the National Championship.

3 hours ago, Neumatic said:

So I fired NCAA 14 up and ran through a season in my Ashland University Dynasty, it’s the 2040 season. Won the B1G in double OT over #1 Ohio State. #2 LSU and #4 Pittsburgh both lost their conference championships. Due to all that craziness #5 Georgia Tech leap frogged everyone for the #2 spot in the Natty.

Georgia Tech is 9-3, didn’t even play in the ACC Championship. Plus they Lost BIG to both teams that did play in the ACC Championship. Their marque win was against a 7-5 Georgia team. They made the Natty over 11-1 Oklahoma (Big XII Champs), 11-2 USC (PAC-12 Champs), 12-1 OSU and 12-1 LSU. 

I mean don’t get me wrong I love this game but damn does it have some issues. It’s too bad we didn’t get the College Football Playoffs in this game, would have at least masked the absurdity that is a 9-3 team playing for the National Championship.

Yeah I really don't like how Mid Majors can play in the NCG just because they go undefeated. In my Troy dynasty I actually forced Texas to win the Big XII in the final week and scum saved so that it wouldn't put me in the NCG when I was playing in C-USA.

Edited by Danger
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I Just played a Rose Bowl game against #4 Washington. Their QB had 81 attempts, their punter even threw in an extra pass on a fake punt. I have never had a team throw so many times in one game. It worked though, up until they threw 5 interceptions in the end zone. All those pass attempts and I could only manage 1 sack. 

10 trips to the redzone and they managed 1 TD, 3 FG, 1 turnover on downs and 5 INTs. Taking bend but don’t break to a whole new level.

xChnvyI.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Neumatic said:

I Just played a Rose Bowl game against #4 Washington. Their QB had 81 attempts, their punter even threw in an extra pass on a fake punt. I have never had a team throw so many times in one game. It worked though, up until they threw 5 interceptions in the end zone. All those pass attempts and I could only manage 1 sack. 

10 trips to the redzone and they managed 1 TD, 3 FG, 1 turnover on downs and 5 INTs. Taking bend but don’t break to a whole new level.

xChnvyI.jpg

Damn.   What difficulty do you play on?

Decided to start a new dynasty. BYU, UMASS, NM State, Idaho and UCONN got swapped out for Appalachian State, Coastal Carolina, Georgia Southern, Charlotte and North Dakota State. This leaves Army and Notre Dame as the only Independents left. Wish we could add teams to the FBS rather than have to swap them out. I wanted to add Liberty but there just wasn’t a good team to swap, especially since they are independent. 

All the conferences are current except NDSU took UCONNs spot in the American Athletic Conference. NDSU is 2013 roster, all other team builder teams I added are 2018 rosters and everyone else is 2019 rosters. 

Im going to start as the OC for NDSU, Heisman difficulty with some pretty difficult sliders. RIP Carson Wentz. Going to be a long grueling road, the HC is Lvl 1 so recruiting is going to be rough. 

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Whenever I play it's always just RBs all up and down the board. :( 

Yea it’s usually RB’s and QB’s that run a triple option that dominate the Heisman in mine. I attempted to nerf GA Tech, Army and Navy by changing their coaching schemes this time around. Hopefully that helps alleviate some of the problem since those 3 are powerhouses every time I turn around and usually at least 2 of those schools have a RB or QB on the watch list by the end of the season.

• Like 1