NCAA football

Ty21

20 minutes ago, jyod21 said:

I've always had wishful thinking this was 2k testing the waters.  Even if they went college basketball first, I'd be cool with it.  I've always just liked college sports more than pro sports, even in videogames.  I think it's something about the recruiting, and 4 year turnaround on players.  

The likelihood of there being another NCAA basketball game is even lower than another NCAA football game... Far lower in fact. There is a reason they stopped making them even before the court rulings that killed the NCAA video games. They simply didn't sell well enough to be worth making... And that was before potentially having to pay 100 schools to use them in the games.

4 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

The likelihood of there being another NCAA basketball game is even lower than another NCAA football game... Far lower in fact. There is a reason they stopped making them even before the court rulings that killed the NCAA video games. They simply didn't sell well enough to be worth making... And that was before potentially having to pay 100 schools to use them in the games.

Yeah, I know.  I was just saying basketball, because the development costs would be much lower for 2k/Visual Concepts.  They already have the established game engine.  With that said, I'd imagine it would sell better now than it did then.  2K is an even more dominant name in the basketball world than it was during 2k8; there is no competition from March Madness/EA; there is no other college game on the market (at least not to my knowledge, or at least on their playing field), and it's been 10 years since their last game.  People are still out there playing College Hoops 2k8.  I actually bought it again off Ebay 2 or 3 years ago.  It's one of the reasons I've kept my 360. 

I agree that football is more likely, basketball would just be the easier step for them.

Edited by jyod21

I just played a crazy game. I’m UAB playing against UTEP, similar overall teams at this point in my dynasty. Game goes to OT 35-35, after Quadruple OT I pull out a 65-63 victory. Totally fell apart on defense in OT, they just carved me up. Didn’t think I was going to win this one but tackled their QB at the 2 yd line on their 2pt.

And I noticed the worst computer simulated beatdown I can remember so far. Florida State beat Syracuse 70-3. Syracuse was 4/22 29yds 4INT passing. 78yds rushing with 3 lost fumbles. So 107 total offense with 7 turnovers ?. 

• Like 2

On 12/15/2017 at 3:19 PM, Neumatic said:

I just played a crazy game. I’m UAB playing against UTEP, similar overall teams at this point in my dynasty. Game goes to OT 35-35, after Quadruple OT I pull out a 65-63 victory. Totally fell apart on defense in OT, they just carved me up. Didn’t think I was going to win this one but tackled their QB at the 2 yd line on their 2pt.

And I noticed the worst computer simulated beatdown I can remember so far. Florida State beat Syracuse 70-3. Syracuse was 4/22 29yds 4INT passing. 78yds rushing with 3 lost fumbles. So 107 total offense with 7 turnovers ?. 

So they had Tim tebow

3 hours ago, mitty18 said:

I just had an itch to play this game.  Looked at pre-owned prices, lowest I could find is $44.99.  Nope.  I guess I just won't scratch my itch.  

Ha wow price has skyrocketed. Good thing I bought it when it was old but not worth anything so it was only like $10. I guess they're doing that cause it doesn't matter much if they can't sell it but they know people will be desperate to spend way more than they should since it's the last one. But kinda like twinkies when it was rumored to be gone forever, people spent way too much getting the "last ones" just to find out it wasn't done forever. Hopefully this is the case. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

My friend just told me that some dudes are trying to raise enough money to make their own game, have already had some athletes donate some $. Figured you guys would know about it, but i'm to lazy to read through this thread...is this legit?

Gridiron Champions

On 12/24/2017 at 4:56 PM, holt_bruce81 said:

My friend just told me that some dudes are trying to raise enough money to make their own game, have already had some athletes donate some $. Figured you guys would know about it, but i'm to lazy to read through this thread...is this legit?

I've followed it but don't know what'll come of it. 

On 12/26/2017 at 1:25 AM, Tyty said:

I'm hoping for the best for this. I bought into the lowest tier donation scale. $5/month and if or when it gets released you'll get a free copy and your name will be implemented in the game as a player. They need 5mil to fully develop it. Quite a high mark but anything is possible. It only takes one NFL player to donate a sum of this to get it closer. There current goal is $850,000, they're at $180,000 pledged. So a ways to go but i'm hoping for this. Earliest release would be 2019 but I think that even may be a longshot. 

Anyways, back to NCAA 14. Its been a while since I had played but it is the best sports game out there (with the exception of MLB the show). As everyone has pointed out, it doesn't get stale because you get regenerated talent after a max of 4 years. My BIGGEST thing about it is the fact that theres more than 32 teams to play with, so the teams don't get stale either. Also, teambuilder is an awesome feature. I once played like 6 or 7 years with all the high school teams in the conference I grew up watching. Really wish it made a comeback. 

• 2 weeks later...

Whelp, officially bought an XB1X and bought a used copy of this game for 360.  $45 at GameStop.  If you're looking elsewhere, Amazon is running about $85 for used/$120 for new.  Ebay is $35 used/$85 for new, but I don't trust buying video games on Ebay.

Now to delve back into the gloriousness (spelling/made up word?) of this game.  Happy gaming!

23 minutes ago, carrolljcmc said:

Whelp, officially bought an XB1X and bought a used copy of this game for 360.  $45 at GameStop.  If you're looking elsewhere, Amazon is running about $85 for used/$120 for new.  Ebay is $35 used/$85 for new, but I don't trust buying video games on Ebay.

Now to delve back into the gloriousness (spelling/made up word?) of this game.  Happy gaming!

Uhh...I thought this game wasn't backwards compatible? Could have sworn I saw an article that said they couldn't add it because of the licensing issues

EDIT:

Nvm, completely missed the part that you bought this for the 360, lol

Edited by rob_shadows
  • Like 1

On 12/26/2017 at 2:25 AM, Tyty said:

Let's be honest... everything about it has looked terrible so far

EDIT: LOL. just checked their website. They now need 2.5mil for development. This game isn't happening. 

Edited by packerrfan74

On 1/9/2018 at 4:27 PM, packerrfan74 said:

Let's be honest... everything about it has looked terrible so far

EDIT: LOL. just checked their website. They now need 2.5mil for development. This game isn't happening. 

They are lining up some sponsors, but yeah, chances are, its not happening.    If it does, it probably wont be good anyway.

• Like 1