NCAA football

Ty21

2 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

I’ll hold onto some sliver of hope just because it’s a new developer working on a football game. 

Sadly, the lack of official licenses will scare developers away from trying a football game.    The sad reality is, most people who buy Madden dont buy it because they like the game.   They buy it because it allows them to play as their favorite teams/players and because their friends buy it.    So even if a truly great, non-licensed football game were developed, Madden would still crush it because of the NFL license alone....and developers are aware of this.

All Pro Football 2K8 gets alot of hate, and it wasnt that good overall, but the gameplay, physics and animations were superior to CURRENT DAY Madden in many ways....and that is an 11 year old game on an inferior console that didnt have a ton of resources due to the lack of said license.       However, I do believe that 2K could still make an absolutely amazing football game without the license.   Sadly, it just wouldnt matter without the license.   Guys like you and I would buy it....as Im sure others would.   But it wouldnt be enough.

I really hate EA    I know I say this alot, but Im so sick of the same generic game over and over and over again.    NCAA was on the right track and most fans enjoyed it, but did EA give Madden any of the same love?   No.    After NCAA went away, they just concentrated their efforts into monetizing Madden even more.     EA doesnt care what fans want or like....they only care about what fans are willing to pay for.

And in terms of NCAA......what I dont understand is this.....the biggest issue seems to be that EA doesnt really want to pay every collegiate player for their likeness.    Why cant they just make a game with generic rosters, and let fans create authentic rosters?      The main argument of the lawsuit was that EA was making money off player likenesses without compensating them.....but if fans are the ones creating the rosters, then EA isnt actually making their money off of that.   They would be making money off the game, and fans would be editing their rosters to their liking without money being involved.      Maybe there is another roadblock Im not aware of, but it seems like a pretty easy fix to me if the main issue is the whole "player likeness" stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2018 at 3:10 PM, Purple-Pride07 said:

RIP.

I recently picked up 2012 and it still plays wonderfully. Then again, I'm more into dynasty building rather than actually playing the game. The replay value of these games is just absurd.

Yeah I miss it.  I had me +9 buddies in a dynasty together.  We re-built the Pac12 with all the teams they picked and played 7-8 seasons.  It was my favorite to recruit against them and building up the programs.  I won 4 NCs with FSU.  We had Oregon, Penn St, Notre Dame, Bama, Oklahoma, Texas, USC, LSU and Ohio St all in the conference.  I wish they would just pay the schools/players enough to get a game out on Xbox one.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tyty said:

So I think the worst part about NCAA is thinking a wr is open deep because a defender is on the other side of the field not even looking at your guy until you throw it and he closes a 30 yard gap and picks/deflects it

The worst part about NCAA is it's ridiculously impossible to play competent defense on a regular basis and zone coverage is 100% pointless. Your only hope is forcing interceptions.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The worst part about NCAA is it's ridiculously impossible to play competent defense on a regular basis and zone coverage is 100% pointless. Your only hope is forcing interceptions.

That's why you have to cause pressure.  Making the QB throw early actually works in the game unlike in Madden, where pressure pretty much does nothing.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

That's why you have to cause pressure.  Making the QB throw early actually works in the game unlike in Madden, where pressure pretty much does nothing.  

Oh, I can lock down the computer, even on Heisman mode with a 3-4 man rush since I recruit DE's like crazy, but in user-games against people that know what they're doing (especially with ridiculously mobile QBs like Mariota, Braxton, etc.), it's basically pointless.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Oh, I can lock down the computer, even on Heisman mode with a 3-4 man rush since I recruit DE's like crazy, but in user-games against people that know what they're doing (especially with ridiculously mobile QBs like Mariota, Braxton, etc.), it's basically pointless.

Also I don't agree about zone being pointless.  Change your schemes with the LB button and change Zone to Aggressive, so your DBs play shorter depth in the zone.  That helps a lot.  If that isn't helping, I'm not sure what the one at the bottom is called but if you change that to Aggressive it ignore QB scramble and sticks with WRs more, that will help.  

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Also I don't agree about zone being pointless.  Change your schemes with the LB button and change Zone to Aggressive, so your DBs play shorter depth in the zone.  That helps a lot.  If that isn't helping, I'm not sure what the one at the bottom is called but if you change that to Aggressive it ignore QB scramble and sticks with WRs more, that will help.  

In user-games, it's pointless is all I'm trying to say. A good user will just scramble with their mobile QB. JMHO

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

In user-games, it's pointless is all I'm trying to say. A good user will just scramble with their mobile QB. JMHO

I get that, then you gotta adjust back.  It’s a fluid situation.  To me, on defense I’m just trying to prevent any big plays.  Make them take as many snaps as possible so it’s more chances for them to make a mistake.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I get that, then you gotta adjust back.  It’s a fluid situation.  To me, on defense I’m just trying to prevent any big plays.  Make them take as many snaps as possible so it’s more chances for them to make a mistake.

I've just gone to run straight man to man with a QB spy. I have an athletic LB in the spy, a great tandem of DE, and lockdown CB. If I get beat, it has to be on a lot of quick slants/out routes all the way down the field. Odds are at some point, one of my CB will eventually pick off a pass or two. That's usually what happens. Sometimes it doesn't work.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...