NCAA football

Ty21

1 hour ago, showtime said:

The game was made before the PS4 came out.  I'm not sure if the PS4 can play PS3 games.  If it can, then you can get it on eBay.

Nah there is no way to play it on PS4 unfortunately. I wish they would add it to the PSNow library because I'd honestly subscribe just to play that...I don't have a PS4 but you can use PSNow on PC too so don't actually need one.

17 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Nah there is no way to play it on PS4 unfortunately. I wish they would add it to the PSNow library because I'd honestly subscribe just to play that...I don't have a PS4 but you can use PSNow on PC too so don't actually need one.

I'd kick my PS3 to the curb if I could play NCAA on ps4

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neumatic said:

Footballs biggest "what if?" Isn't what if Bo Jackson never got injured, it's what of NCAA Football made it to PS4 and the College Football Playoff-era. We were so close to witnessing greatness.

I would think the biggest what if would be "what if" EA never secured the exclusive rights to Madden and NCAA Football?   :(

• Like 3

8 hours ago, steadypimpin said:

The thing is, NCAA was always a better game to me than Madden. I have zero desire to play Madden, haven't played it for at least 4-5 years.

Well, there is probably some truth to that, but its also preference.   Some people enjoy college football more than pro football, and if youre a dynasty and franchise mode fan, dynasty mode was done better most of the time.    And during the PS3/360 era, NCAA's gameplay was notably better...alot of things Madden STILL struggles with wasnt a major issue in NCAA.   It wasnt perfect and had its flaws,  but it was simply a better game.

HOWEVER, I am personally a bigger NFL fan than I am a college football fan, so Ive always preferred Madden.     However, the fact that I havent bought Madden new since Madden 12 back in 2011 and have only bought Madden twice since then for a total of $13 (and I regretted the $8 I spent on M25), it speaks volumes about the current condition of Madden.   It simply isnt fun.    

Im convinced we will never see another great football game unless EA loses the exclusive license.   But as long as people keep throwing them $60 every single year for roster updates and minimal improvements, thats never going to happen.   

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, August4th said:

remember being a kid having the options to pick between like 4 or 5 football games to rent for a wk now I'm stuck with just 1

also which would you rather see happen? EA loses the NFL license or EA keeps the license but NCAA football comes back

Easily the second option.

On 11/3/2017 at 11:31 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

I would think the biggest what if would be "what if" EA never secured the exclusive rights to Madden and NCAA Football?   :(

EA didn’t kill NCAA game it was all the legal stuff with the licensing of conferences and teams. 

28 minutes ago, buno67 said:

EA didn’t kill NCAA game it was all the legal stuff with the licensing of conferences and teams. 

I agree, but NCAA probably wouldve been even better if EA had competition.   

I miss the 90s when there were 5 or 6 different NFL games every year and 2 or 3 college football games.   

Even if we just had 2 or 3 NFL games every year, it would push EA (and whatever companies that were involved) to bring their A game.  

Edited by FourThreeMafia