NCAA football

Ty21

NCAA 06/07 on PS2 are largely praised as the GOAT's on message boards such as Reddit and Operation Sports, however, I'd advise peope to check out NCAA 11 on PS2. A lot of people don't even know it exists. Final version ever on PS2, 300,000 copies ever made, and is a very good football game. Basically Super Polished and great in every aspect.

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

For some reason the fake players feel wrong in Madden but somehow right in NCAA. 

Whenever I was playing NCAA I remember feeling like the dynasty didn't really kick off until I had a roster full of players that I recruited. I didn't have as much fun playing with the "real" guys. But in Madden I feel like my franchise never lasts that long, because I lose interest when half the league is full of made-up players. I also like the yearly roster churn that's part of college football.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2021 at 1:46 PM, Lions017 said:

For some reason the fake players feel wrong in Madden but somehow right in NCAA. 

Whenever I was playing NCAA I remember feeling like the dynasty didn't really kick off until I had a roster full of players that I recruited. I didn't have as much fun playing with the "real" guys. But in Madden I feel like my franchise never lasts that long, because I lose interest when half the league is full of made-up players. I also like the yearly roster churn that's part of college football.

Maybe it’s because college football is made up of former high school athletes you wouldn’t have heard of, while in madden you know the fake prospects aren’t based on real college athletes. And yeah, refreshing the roster every 4 years is nice, in madden if you like a dude you’re gonna be stuck with him for like 12 seasons

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 2:11 PM, Ty21 said:

Psn store. I bought a digital copy in 2015

Good to know you can still download it. I've been weary that my PS3 would give up the ghost and Id be doomed since I don't have a hard copy. First game I ever bought digitally. Probably a great thing too because I have no doubt my dog would have ate the disc by now. 

6 hours ago, Neumatic said:

Good to know you can still download it. I've been weary that my PS3 would give up the ghost and Id be doomed since I don't have a hard copy. First game I ever bought digitally. Probably a great thing too because I have no doubt my dog would have ate the disc by now. 

Yeah, it failed so many times on my old PS3 I just got a new one to download it. It failed for 2-3 days or whatever and finally successfully downloaded so it’s kinda a chore to even download it but it does work. 

• Like 1

I hooked up my old PS2 and have been playing NCAA 2002, and forgot how much damn fun this game was.  The game play is a little choppy, the graphics are obviously quite a step back, but Dynasty mode has been a blast, as has recruiting.

On 3/9/2021 at 11:18 AM, THE DUKE said:

I hooked up my old PS2 and have been playing NCAA 2002, and forgot how much damn fun this game was.  The game play is a little choppy, the graphics are obviously quite a step back, but Dynasty mode has been a blast, as has recruiting.

Isn't it crazy how the football games from 15-20 years ago are better than the ones today in a lot of areas? 

On 2/9/2021 at 1:46 PM, Lions017 said:

You are not alone in this exact thinking. 

• Like 3