Sign in to follow this  
.Buzz

Jaguars sign TE Tyler Eifert to 2 year deal

Let's goo

Been waiting on this with Gruden in the fold.

Update:

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Lets go? Eifert will be on IR before he signs on the dotted line

The guy is going to come in for cheap and provide us with a legit redzone threat.

Last year, in limited snaps, he played all 16 games and did just that. We've desperately been looking for a skill set like his.

Expected, but good nonetheless.

Bengals needed to move on, but the guy can play still. I'm excited to see him in an offense that uses him. 

Just now, theJ said:

Bengals needed to move on, but the guy can play still. I'm excited to see him in an offense that uses him. 

Seems like an ideal fit to pair back up with Gruden. I really hope he can stay healthy. 

Always felt like he could have been a top-5 TE if only he stayed healthy. At age 30, that's probably not ever going to happen now, but a what is probably really only a 1 year contract it's worth giving him a shot. 

I'm absolutely all for this.

If he's healthy, Eifert can still be a massive upgrade to a position the Jaguars have been in dire need for years now.  If not...well, at least they tried.  I'm okay with that.

6 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Always felt like he could have been a top-5 TE if only he stayed healthy. At age 30, that's probably not ever going to happen now, but a what is probably really only a 1 year contract it's worth giving him a shot. 

He was never a great blocker, but at his peak he absolutely could have been a top 5 receiving option at the position.  His peak just wasn't long enough.

At this point he's a slow possession/red zone WR.  Great hands, but he doesn't have the burst anymore, and you don't want to count on him to block.