Jaguars sign TE Tyler Eifert to 2 year deal

.Buzz

last year he played 491 snaps which was around 44% of their snaps.  results he stayed Healthy for the first time in a while.  i think we probably keep 4 tes if we dont bring in a FB. 

depending on what personel we want to use we could see something like James playing around 400-500 snaps. Eifert plays around the same.  have Oliver eat the rest. 

Last year we used either 2tes or a TE and FB(devalve) or 3tes on 226 snaps last year.  we had 1317 snaps from the Position group as a whole. 

8 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

last year he played 491 snaps which was around 44% of their snaps.  results he stayed Healthy for the first time in a while.  i think we probably keep 4 tes if we dont bring in a FB. 

depending on what personel we want to use we could see something like James playing around 400-500 snaps. Eifert plays around the same.  have Oliver eat the rest. 

Last year we used either 2tes or a TE and FB(devalve) or 3tes on 226 snaps last year.  we had 1317 snaps from the Position group as a whole. 

I think Eifert and Oliver battle it out as the top TE and the loser takes the #2 spot with JOS as the #3 personally.

I like what I saw from JOS at times, but he's better as more of a depth guy. Think there's reason for optimism based on TE's slow development that you could expect a solid jump from Oliver to be a competent guy out there.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

I think Eifert and Oliver battle it out as the top TE and the loser takes the #2 spot with JOS as the #3 personally.

I like what I saw from JOS at times, but he's better as more of a depth guy. Think there's reason for optimism based on TE's slow development that you could expect a solid jump from Oliver to be a competent guy out there.

to a point yes but i didnt see much to like with oliver with his limited snaps.  didnt seem like Minshew had a connection with him tho im sure all his Missed time didnt help matters. 

i mean 6 targets that results in 3 catches for 15 yards along with 1 drop is not good anyway u look at it. 

i also think Jos is the better blocker between Oliver and JOS and that probably will help determine the pecking order some because i think we are gonna try to go back to our routes of run the ball and run it some more and play good. 

2 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

to a point yes but i didnt see much to like with oliver with his limited snaps.  didnt seem like Minshew had a connection with him tho im sure all his Missed time didnt help matters. 

i mean 6 targets that results in 3 catches for 15 yards along with 1 drop is not good anyway u look at it. 

i also think Jos is the better blocker between Oliver and JOS and that probably will help determine the pecking order some because i think we are gonna try to go back to our routes of run the ball and run it some more and play good. 

Again, look at the history of TE's. Hockenson had a huge game to start out the year which was not normal then faded and was barely heard from before getting hurt and finishing the year on IR. He was taken with a top 10 pick...

Oliver's tape from college was impressive, but he also came from a small school that adds even more into the transition.

Ultimately we don't know if he'll work out or not, but I'm not going to rag on him given his position and the time it takes to get accustomed to the pro game, especially given he had a bigger jump school wise then most.

I like that Gruden has such a strong emphasis on TE's and developing them. That should only help (and also require 2-3 legit options).

Heck yeah.  I love this.  If i could've picked a TE from this FA class, it'd be Eifert...with the massive caveat that he stays healthy.  Which he probably won't, because he never really does.  But when he's healthy...he's still exactly the kind of factor we need at the position, and have needed forever, basically since Marcedes started getting old.

It's obviously a bit of a "boom or bust" signing.  But i like it.  Even if it fails because he spends the year on IR...i like that they're swinging for it here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

The free money cash grab continues. 

I ain't gonna spill any tears on the cash coming out of Khan's bank account after some of the other scuzzy stuff he's pulled.  Not one single tear for his bank balance.

I think they probably could've spent some of this money better this year and especially last.  But this either ends up a good TE fix, or it's a waste of money...which is probably what our owner deserves at this point.  I'm happy enough either way.

3 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Heck yeah.  I love this.  If i could've picked a TE from this FA class, it'd be Eifert...with the massive caveat that he stays healthy.  Which he probably won't, because he never really does.  But when he's healthy...he's still exactly the kind of factor we need at the position, and have needed forever, basically since Marcedes started getting old.

It's obviously a bit of a "boom or bust" signing.  But i like it.  Even if it fails because he spends the year on IR...i like that they're swinging for it here.

Eifert is easily, based on pure talent, immediately the best receiving TE this organization has ever seen.

It's all about limiting his snaps. The Bengals did it last year and he played 16 games and even with the terrible QB play had decent TE production. Hopefully Oliver can take a step and provide some decent play and JOS can be solid depth like he was last year.

Based on the sounds of it being incentive laden, the risk likely isn't too high either. If he stays healthy/performs he gets paid (deservedly), if he doesn't, then we're not out much. He's easily the best TE talent available at the best price (didn't care for Hooper at 11M), and expecting a rookie to come in and do anything based on the history of the position is far fetched.

• Like 1