Bucs on the hotseat

indifference

Here’s a list of Bucs they have to get their stuff together this year or I can see Arians partying ways....

1) OJ Howard

Physical specimen with elite vertical speed but has not put it together yet. BA offense never featured the use of TEs being a weapon in the pass game but the opportunities he had this past year he def did not put it to good use.

2) Justin Evans

Often hurt might be an understatement. Legit been getting hurt since the senior bowl. Not only that his coverage grades in the league has just been brutal. Tackling maybe his strong point and even that aspect he is average. Hasnt played a live game in over a year plus? Man it’ll be tough to make an adjustment. Best case he sticks as a third safety and Bucs are able to savage this draft pick. Upside here is a rangy safety with decent ball skills.

3) Donovan Smith and Ryan Jansen

Both players are in the last year of their GTD deals. Neither player are far from the issue of this current line but a bad year this season could mean new starters in ‘21. Good news for them is that they both were graded above average this past season in a new system. I like them to look even better with a qb who actually gets the ball out his hands quickly.

Feel free to post your own 

• Like 1

Rojo needs to have a breakout year or he's probably gonna end up a career backup or on the bottom of a RBBC. 

He caught 31 balls last year but he's still not as good at it as countless others. And his pass pro still needs work. So he can't even be a third down back.

• Like 1

OJ Howard and the distance to second is vast.  That person would be Matt Gay.  I would not be shocked to see OJ s snap counts reduced if he can t improve.  The bounce off the hands this yr won t be toletated.  

In fact, I believe Brate will have more receptions then OJ. 

• Like 2

So , regardless of what happens with OJ this year,  I seriously dont see us keeping him next year

He can either be average / get in the dog house again which = not resigning  

OR

Ball out and be too expensive to resign

As far as Bucs on the hot seat, I would agree with Matt Gay and add Don Smitty hes been average his whole career and especially if he starts letting people get shots on TB12

• Like 2