Packers sign Devin Funchess

HighCalebR

On 3/24/2020 at 9:29 PM, Leader said:

I dont care about "what will Arod get (or do for....) so and so..." Couldnt care less.

DF and AR will take the field (hopefully......) in a few months and we'll see what's there.

All I'm saying is Newton *consistently* missed Benjamin high...wide...or whatever...and Benjamin (who's a huge target...) was getting laid out going for them.

Cam's a physical specimen - or he was at one point at least - but he's *never* thrown an accurate pass and his WR's took a beating because of it.

Never said he was accurate or prolonged Benjamin’s career, but he did throw him 30 jump balls that year and got him paid.

Winston and Evans,  Rivers and Floyd, Arod needs a Welker type...throwing to a jump ball, purposely underthrowing,  Rodgers might rope a high point, but how often does he just throw it up for grabs and hope his guy wins the matchup....it’s like it doesn’t show enough skill or doesn’t want to risk an int,  even on 3rd and 15..  an int is like a punt at that point.

Edited by fattlipp

Off topic, but I don’t know why the underthrow on purpose on a fly route isn’t more common, CB looks back WR throws on the breaks, QB throws  to the spot the separation starts,  would draw tons of flags, no way CB can anticipate that...like a back shoulder 40 yds down field..

33 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah and MVS has 5 times the career yardage and 4 times the career touchdowns in half as many seasons with similar or better athletic ability.  What does that tell you?

Wonder if we could find some analytics on that,

yards per target

catches per target

tds per target

would be interesting comparison...

NBA stats are so much better...

20 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I think people are mixing up Funchess with Kelvin Benjamin.

Funchess is not out of shape nor a bad athlete for a 230 pounder. His long speed is mediocre, but he is explosive and has some fluidity for a big guy.

Also I don't see a ton of 50/50 balls on Funchess tape. The guy gets some separation, sits down in zones pretty well and is definitely someone who utilizes his frame to make himself some room.

Think Colsten......