Packers sign Devin Funchess

HighCalebR

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He's not fast, but the 38.5" vert with the sub 7 second three cone intrigued me coming out. I had an early 2nd grade on him. 

I wonder if LaFleur liked him as a big slot. We've heard consistently how he prefers a big body there.

I mean if this is legit it certainly seems likely.  Their receiving corps is almost entirely 6'4"+ at this point, and with EQ and Funchess you have a couple good options for that big slot.  Could possibly even play Lazard there, although I really gotta go back and watch him because I have no real sense of what he looks like running routes.  I personally don't love the direction they're going, but if all Aaron has on the roster is big jump ball types maybe he'll actually throw a few.

2 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

I mean if this is legit it certainly seems likely.  Their receiving corps is almost entirely 6'4"+ at this point, and with EQ and Funchess you have a couple good options for that big slot.  Could possibly even play Lazard there, although I really gotta go back and watch him because I have no real sense of what he looks like running routes.  I personally don't love the direction they're going, but if all Aaron has on the roster is big jump ball types maybe he'll actually throw a few.

I think Davante really gives us the flexibility. We were definitely interested in Sanders so it's not like they hate the littler guys.

15 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Some Funchess highlights, including some impressive work against Randall a few years back!

See I'd feel better about it if he wasn't wearing Randall like a shirt through the entirety of both of those routes.  His ability to go up and get it and catch the ball through contact is excellent, but that's not a skill set that's particularly consistent or one that plays well with what Rodgers likes to do.  Still though, man can catch the hell out of a contested ball.

See I'd feel better about it if he wasn't wearing Randall like a shirt through the entirety of both of those routes.  His ability to go up and get it and catch the ball through contact is excellent, but that's not a skill set that's particularly consistent or one that plays well with what Rodgers likes to do.  Still though, man can catch the hell out of a contested ball.

How is he as a route runner?

He’s not a speedster, which explains his lack of separation on Randall and some others.  Thinking I read he was a TE at some point.  But damn man, he makes difficult catches look academic.  Guessing his drops were less technical, and maybe lack of focus?