18 WR - 141st overall
10 RB - 147th overall
13 ILB - 150th overall
7 TE - 165th overall
10 IOL - 166th overall
1 Kicker - 193rd overall
1 FB - 206th overall

@Golfman, @Donzo, @Packerraymond

This falls almost perfectly in line with premium positions/picks. 

Keep in mind the following:

1. You don't draft quarterbacks when you've got Aaron Rodgers 2009-2015. 
2. DL and DB seems strange.  Feels like it should have been switched.  Our extreme lack of a safety for a good 3 years probably skews the data. 

Otherwise, this is almost exactly what you'd expect.  Tight ends, ILB, IOL = meaningless luxury positions.

Had to draft more DBs, he kept missing on them! 

Just now, Golfman said:

Had to draft more DBs, he kept missing on them! 

Did he? 

Misses - Rollins, Josh Jones, Goodson (6th round), McMillian, Underwood (6th round), Pat Lee, Rouse (ehhh, I might even call him a hit), Blackmon, Culver (6th round), Underwood, Hawkins, Campbell (7th round). 

Hits - King, *Clinton-Dix, *Randall, *Hyde, *Hayward, House - Yes, House was a hit.  Period.  Once again excelled in his first year away from here, Burnett, Collins.

*Attitude Busts - Clinton-Dix (dude just checked out, had some damn good seasons though)
*Improperly utilized - Randall had a damn strong rookie and Sophomore season playing out of position and is by all accounts a plus player with a minus head.  Micah Hyde also fits here.  All-pro safety playing CB/Slot.  Hayward, too. 

8:12 ratio with 4 of the 12 misses being 6th or 7th round picks and nailing all-pro selections of Hyde, Hayward, Collins along with some stellar seasons from Clinton-Dix, Damarious Randall and Morgan Burnett doesn't seem like a high miss rate to me. 

17 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Did he? 

Misses - Rollins, Josh Jones, Goodson (6th round), McMillian, Underwood (6th round), Pat Lee, Rouse (ehhh, I might even call him a hit), Blackmon, Culver (6th round), Underwood, Hawkins, Campbell (7th round). 

Hits - King, *Clinton-Dix, *Randall, *Hyde, *Hayward, House - Yes, House was a hit.  Period.  Once again excelled in his first year away from here, Burnett, Collins.

*Attitude Busts - Clinton-Dix (dude just checked out, had some damn good seasons though)
*Improperly utilized - Randall had a damn strong rookie and Sophomore season playing out of position and is by all accounts a plus player with a minus head.  Micah Hyde also fits here.  All-pro safety playing CB/Slot.  Hayward, too. 

8:12 ratio with 4 of the 12 misses being 6th or 7th round picks and nailing all-pro selections of Hyde, Hayward, Collins along with some stellar seasons from Clinton-Dix, Damarious Randall and Morgan Burnett doesn't seem like a high miss rate to me. 

He was our GM for 13 years so 'hitting' on 6 DBs in 13 years is quite pathetic really. Although NONE of his DBs was given a second contract to date. That is truly pathetic! It doesn't matter how Hyde or Hayward played after leaving GB. We didn't see enough in them to offer them a second contract. 

Compare that to his ability to draft WRs who mattered! Yeah, he sucked at drafting DBs. 

BUSTS: Underwood, Hawkins, Campbell, Blackmon, Campbell, Rouse, Lee, Underwood, Goodson, McMillan, Rollins, Jones

Contributed: House, Hyde, Randall, Dix, Hayward,

Worthy of Second Contract: King?

3 minutes ago, Golfman said:

This is way worse than I hoped. If the base salary is guaranteed, it's beyond terrible! 

What? 2.5M for a potential #2 is not beyond terrible. There's some upside here. I think people are just looking for a reason to hate this signing because it wasn't Robby Anderson or a trade for Nuk. This is a good contract with some seriously sneaky high upside.

• Like 4

Just now, Nick_gb said:

What? 2.5M for a potential #2 is not beyond terrible. There's some upside here. I think people are just looking for a reason to hate this signing because it wasn't Robby Anderson or a trade for Nuk. This is a good contract with some seriously sneaky high upside.

If he's our #2 we did not improve at the position at all. I had no interest in Robby Anderson either. Wasn't looking for a big splash. If Lazard and MVS don't beat him out they went backwards or did not improve. 

5 minutes ago, Golfman said:

This is way worse than I hoped. If the base salary is guaranteed, it's beyond terrible! 

1. Why the hell would the base salary be guaranteed?

2. Why the hell would the base salary being guaranteed matter at all on a 1 year deal unless you think he's going to get cut during training camp?

• Like 3