Packers sign Devin Funchess

HighCalebR

3 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

the last 3 pages have been some of the most puzzling I’ve seen in a while

>> News is posted

>> Somebody on the internet has a terrible opinion about the news

>> The rest of the internet piles on them,

>> Rather than admitting the opinion was terrible the person continues to double down,

>> The internet continues to mock their terrible opinion

>> The person does the posting equivalent of storming off in a huff

>> The internet laughs at them

Honestly I feel like this is a tale as old as time. 

• Like 4

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

>> News is posted

>> Somebody on the internet has a terrible opinion about the news

>> The rest of the internet piles on them,

>> Rather than admitting the opinion was terrible the person continues to double down,

>> The internet continues to mock their terrible opinion

>> The person does the posting equivalent of storming off in a huff

>> The internet laughs at them

Honestly I feel like this is a tale as old as time. 

We've all been there...on literally every side...

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

OMG, that is one of the worst takes ever. If he's only better than Allison that means he's #3 closer to 4 on the depth chart behind Adams, MVS and Lazard. Which is where Allison was at the end of the year. LOL! Obviously you don't know how to work a calculator very well. 

LOL what does depth chart positioning have to do with a calculator? Please explain this to me. I'm all ears. Outside of that, please point to me where I said that's what he's going to be. I've clearly stated that there's some high upside here and we're paying him LESS THAN what we paid Allison by 600k against the cap at that. So, if he outperforms Allison then we got better at #3 and for cheaper. If he far outperforms Allison, then it's STILL a good signing. See how this works? Lowend we just need him to be better than Allison for the money to be spent better then what it was last year, high end he flashes him Carolina contested balls ability and becomes a reliable vet for Aaron and we merely paid $2.26m for that. Seriously, your takes are absolutely horrendous when it comes to this signing specifically. This is NOT a bad contract for Green Bay by ANY stretch of the means nor do I feel that a Funchess signing takes the Packers out of grabbing a WR on day 2 or even Day 1 for that matter. 

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

All of his incentives are going to be considered NLTBE (Not Likely To Be Earned) incentives, because he didn't reach any of them last year (because he played one game).

They don't count against this year's cap. 

If he reaches them, they count against next year's cap, even if he's not on the team.

How do incentives affect the comp pick formula?

Funchess currently our only signing that impacts us.  If it's just his base salary that's factored in then he probably only wipes out either Vitale or Fackrell.  If it's the whole thing then maybe he costs us one of the better picks from Blake and Bulaga.

Just now, British said:

How do incentives affect the comp pick formula?

Funchess currently our only signing that impacts us.  If it's just his base salary that's factored in then he probably only wipes out either Vitale or Fackrell.  If it's the whole thing then maybe he costs us one of the better picks from Blake and Bulaga.

Comp Pick Formula looks at AAV. AAV doesn't include NLTBE incentives.

This one should wipe out Vitale/Fackrell and not Bulaga/Martinez.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Comp Pick Formula looks at AAV. AAV doesn't include NLTBE incentives.

This one should wipe out Vitale/Fackrell and not Bulaga/Martinez.

Just saw something that it likely wipes out the 7th we probably would have gotten for Goodson. Similar deal. I can live with that all day long.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Feel great. 2 more days (today and tomorrow) and I'm back to living a normal life. Finally have all my energy back and

Great to hear on this........................

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

I'm back to being my normal self lol.

............this, not so much

you know I am just kidding you.  

• Like 2

Put it another way would we have preferred Perriman or Funchess? Perriman got $6m guaranteed on a one year deal, he has been in the league the same length as Funchess but has 700 yards less and 10tds less. Funchess at $2.6m guaranteed is a total bargain.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Put it another way would we have preferred Perriman or Funchess? Perriman got $6m guaranteed on a one year deal, he has been in the league the same length as Funchess but has 700 yards less and 10tds less. Funchess at $2.6m guaranteed is a total bargain.

some might not see it that way.   read up a few pages earlier if you need a hint

Whether Funchess  plays well enough for GB to have an improved passing attack outside of Adams is TBD

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

some might not see it that way.   read up a few pages earlier if you need a hint

Whether Funchess  plays well enough for GB to have an improved passing attack outside of Adams is TBD

I'm just really glad the deal got done. Now on to Delaine Walker and I think we would have a very versatile offence

So it seems we're currently looking to receive 3 comp picks: 4th for Martinez, 5th for Bulaga, 6th for Fackrell.  

We could still sign guys like Delanie Walker, Snacks Harrison and Taylor Gabriel and they wouldn't cost us any as they were all cut. 

8 minutes ago, British said:

So it seems we're currently looking to receive 3 comp picks: 4th for Martinez, 5th for Bulaga, 6th for Fackrell.  

We could still sign guys like Delanie Walker, Snacks Harrison and Taylor Gabriel and they wouldn't cost us any as they were all cut. 

At this point yes, play does have a bit of a factor too, so if Bulaga is an All Pro and someone who signed slightly higher sucks, could see a jump there.

Also have Tramon and Allison who could get deals that would qualify.

Don't think this is a stretch. Not sure he was going to "breakout" in the sense he would have still been the No. 2 behind Hilton. But just going through the year injury free with Luck at QB, Funchess would have put up the kind of numbers that would have left him being highly sought after this offseason.