Packers sign Devin Funchess

HighCalebR

Just now, Norm said:

You said things I don't like :'( you're all idiots now

Do you have any thoughts regarding football?   You post childish things like that above and then want people to take anything you say with a grain of salt.

You defend AG who posts things in quotes that were never said.    His post is dishonest as can be.   He does that a lot and it seems people who don't know the game believe all of it.   Half of what he says is fairly intelligent.  the other half is misleading BS.   Think about what you believe and support instead of going all in.

5 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Do you have any thoughts regarding football?   You post childish things like that above and then want people to take anything you say with a grain of salt.

You defend AG who posts things in quotes that were never said.    His post is dishonest as can be.   He does that a lot and it seems people who don't know the game believe all of it.   Half of what he says is fairly intelligent.  the other half is misleading BS.   Think about what you believe and support instead of going all in.

Didn't we give thoughts regarding football?

"Aaron Rodgers was a borderline top 10 QB last year" is a football thought. You just didn't like our football thoughts and then decided to call us idiots instead. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

You should.

Your take was trash.

"Packer fans are too harsh on Aaron Rodgers." 

Ridiculous. He's the most overrated player in the NFL since the last old-*** QB we had out there. Half our fan base gets its damn hackles up if you say he had a bad game. 

Though I will say Packer fans obsession with Cullen Jenkins from 2011 to 2014 was pretty high up there, good grief. 

Why do you post things that simply aren't true?   Do you like to lie?

My take was the truth.   Rodgers led a 13-3 team.   I never made the statement that Packer fans are too harsh on Rodgers yet you put it in quotes.   Are you dishonest or lacking the knowledge to know how quotes are used?

Packer fans as a whole are probably too kind to Rodgers.   This site is ridiculously the opposite.   You are a big part of this.

So lets get to the truth here.   I said that Rodgers led the team to a 13-3 record.  True or False

I said that there are far more posts overly critical of Rodgers then defending.  Read a few threads and answer the question - True or false.  Try to be honest.

Stop mischaracterizing other people and then slamming them.  You make this site worse rather than better.   Truly unfortunate because if you stopped trying to be a contrarian know it all you would have positive things to add to the forum.  As is,  you make it much tougher to read.   The last page of this thread is exactly why.

In no other place would anyone call me a Rodgers apologist.   On this site it seems that has become the case because of the over the top BS thrown his way.  He has deserved criticism at times these past couple years.  He also has made some big plays and done some really good things.   We don't see that on this site.

-

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Didn't we give thoughts regarding football?

"Aaron Rodgers was a borderline top 10 QB last year" is a football thought. You just didn't like our football thoughts and then decided to call us idiots instead. 

Are you Norm?  That would explain his supporting you.

3 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Why do you post things that simply aren't true?   Do you like to lie?

My take was the truth.   Rodgers led a 13-3 team.   I never made the statement that Packer fans are too harsh on Rodgers yet you put it in quotes.   Are you dishonest or lacking the knowledge to know how quotes are used?

Packer fans as a whole are probably too kind to Rodgers.   This site is ridiculously the opposite.   You are a big part of this.

So lets get to the truth here.   I said that Rodgers led the team to a 13-3 record.  True or False

I said that there are far more posts overly critical of Rodgers then defending.  Read a few threads and answer the question - True or false.  Try to be honest.

Stop mischaracterizing other people and then slamming them.  You make this site worse rather than better.   Truly unfortunate because if you stopped trying to be a contrarian know it all you would have positive things to add to the forum.  As is,  you make it much tougher to read.   The last page of this thread is exactly why.

In no other place would anyone call me a Rodgers apologist.   On this site it seems that has become the case because of the over the top BS thrown his way.  He has deserved criticism at times these past couple years.  He also has made some big plays and done some really good things.   We don't see that on this site.

-

Rodgers was on, and was a contributing member of, a 13-3 team. He "led" a league average offense if you even want to go that far. 

How would you characterize this post if not: "Packers fans are too harsh on Rodgers?

One  would never know from reading this site that AR led a 13-3 team. Him not having a great season is brought up numerous times every hour.  People defending him are at about 1 in 20 at most.  I posted the original thought after reading about 5 different threads in a row that had these critical posts.

I would agree that he didn't outplay his contract.   We don't need to see it in every other post.  Every day.  Sometimes fair and sometimes not even a little bit fair.  

I don't think many really know what bad QB play is based on this site.   Every pass that isn't perfect leads to a string of posts.

What is a fair characterization of Rodgers' performance in your mind?

The fact that people are disagreeing with you may make things tougher to read for you, but it's not against the rules of the board and a bunch of other people seem to be having fun with it. 

What the hell is it about you Rodgers homers that you insist on trying to silence any dissenting opinion?  Every other veteran that's overpaid, people lose their mind. It's been a year and people have already turned on Turner, but criticism of Rodgers is problematic, GTFO of here with that noise. 

I guess you really don't understand what quotes are, or how to use them.

My post should be interpreted that this site has gone overboard on the Rodgers criticism.   I read posts prior to mine criticizing how Rodgers will use players he hasn't yet played with.

Fair characterization of Rodgers?   5 years ago he was the best player in the league.   Last year he was about the 10th best,  and paid more than that.   Last year.  I think the constant posts about that being all he ever will or can be again are premature.  Just like they were when people were writing off brady and Brees a few years back in their down years. 

He was in a middling offense on a team with a middling defense in a new systems 1st year.    We learn more this season.  Hopefully we put some better talent around him to give him some help.   You certainly do not see receivers running open all over the field the way KC or MO has.  We see endless posts about him missing a receiver, pretending that we couldn't do that with every QB ever.     

There is no effort to silence any dissenting opinion.  My retort would be that what is it about you that wants to silence any attempt to counter the constant criticism of a player who has had  a good career and led his team to a 13-3 record last year.  Teams with a middling defense and poor QB play don't win 13 games.   Critical posts are about 20 - 1 on this site.

We see you time and again blame AR for the SF loss.   The defensive plan Pettine put on the field was the chief reason that we lost.   They ran at will without any adjustments to change that.  It better fits your agenda to post things like you have here that pin that loss on Rodgers.   Its dishonest as can be, and you know enough football to know that is true.

You haven't seen me complain about Turner, or Martinez either.   Because the criticism of them is almost as unfair.  For some reason only Rodgers bothers you, you seem to defend the others?

1 minute ago, hitnhope said:

I guess you really don't understand what quotes are, or how to use them.

My post should be interpreted that this site has gone overboard on the Rodgers criticism.   I read posts prior to mine criticizing how Rodgers will use players he hasn't yet played with.

Fair characterization of Rodgers?   5 years ago he was the best player in the league.   Last year he was about the 10th best,  and paid more than that.   Last year.  I think the constant posts about that being all he ever will or can be again are premature.  Just like they were when people were writing off brady and Brees a few years back in their down years. 

He was in a middling offense on a team with a middling defense in a new systems 1st year.    We learn more this season.  Hopefully we put some better talent around him to give him some help.   You certainly do not see receivers running open all over the field the way KC or MO has.  We see endless posts about him missing a receiver, pretending that we couldn't do that with every QB ever.     

There is no effort to silence any dissenting opinion.  My retort would be that what is it about you that wants to silence any attempt to counter the constant criticism of a player who has had  a good career and led his team to a 13-3 record last year.  Teams with a middling defense and poor QB play don't win 13 games.   Critical posts are about 20 - 1 on this site.

We see you time and again blame AR for the SF loss.   The defensive plan Pettine put on the field was the chief reason that we lost.   They ran at will without any adjustments to change that.  It better fits your agenda to post things like you have here that pin that loss on Rodgers.   Its dishonest as can be, and you know enough football to know that is true.

You haven't seen me complain about Turner, or Martinez either.   Because the criticism of them is almost as unfair.  For some reason only Rodgers bothers you, you seem to defend the others?

It was a summation of your entire post in a satirical manner, quotes are used frequently in that way on the internet. Welcome to 2020. Stay a while.

Your welcome to make points refuting the Rodgers criticism. Simply stating that the board is too harsh on Rodgers offers no counter point.

5 years ago Rodgers had a passer rating of 92.7 (in a year where the league average was 92.0) and was leading the 19th best offense by points per drive. He wasn't the best player in the league 5 years ago. He arguably wasn't among the 10 best QBs last year, to say nothing of the ten best players. 

Could Rodgers turn it around and have an MVP season? Sure. Nobody should be expecting it though. He's folded bad against good defenses for like three straight years now. 

He was playing with a top 10 defense. The defense was better than the offense this year. Quit trying to tear down the rest of the team to prop up Rodgers.

The other difference between KC and GB. When KC has a receiver open running vertical, Mahomes sees the throw and makes the throw. He doesn't ignore it to check Davante Adams on the throw or bomb it six yards over the receivers' head. 

What on earth is complaining about too many posts critical of Rodgers if not an attempt to cease the posts complaining about Rodgers. I don't post things about "There are too many positive Rodgers posts on this board." I make a post and back up the argument with some form of evidence. Whether or not you deem the evidence to be persuasive is up to you. As always, you are entitled to refute it. However, constantly citing the overall team's record as a point of favor that the QB played well is pretty bad evidence. His career accomplishments don't mean **** about how he should be evaluated in 2020.

The Packers had a top 10 defense in 2020. They did not have a middling defense. The Packers didn't even have poor QB play. They had borderline top 10 QB play. They weren't a 13-3 caliber team. They were a 10-6 caliber team that had absolutely tremendous luck according to almost all analytics measures. That matches the hell out of the eye test. 

What the hell is with your arbitrary ratio of critical/non critical posts? First of all, it's complete crap. Second of all, who cares?

I've never blamed any singular player or person for the SF loss. Who the **** do you think has been championing the idea of Pettine being responsible for the defensive collapse in SF? It's been me. I've been defending my sworn nemesis in Dean Lowry over this point. it's been awful. 

But Pettine being entirely unprepared for the SF rushing attack doesn't abolish Rodgers of any of his own ****ty performance in that game. Rodgers had 14 drives against the 49ers in the first half this season. He scored 0 points and committed 3 turnovers and was damn lucky it was only 3 considering some of the other boneheaded things he did. He was awful. An abomination. He choked. He played like a genuine scrub. I can keep going. 

I defend the others because they're not overpaid in such a way that's crippling to the franchise. 

• Like 1