Packers sign Devin Funchess

HighCalebR

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Or resign him based on performance and how our roster develops.........

I would not.  There are more important guys to re-up.  And you gotta think that one of MVS or ESB is going to leap forward.  Lazard, I think, will be around a while and hopefully we have a higher drafted rookie being worked in slowly.

But...I get what you mean.  But if he hits those numbers, he will sign a very large deal and I'd rather not invest that into a WR.

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I would not.  There are more important guys to re-up.  And you gotta think that one of MVS or ESB is going to leap forward.  Lazard, I think, will be around a while and hopefully we have a higher drafted rookie being worked in slowly.

But...I get what you mean.  But if he hits those numbers, he will sign a very large deal and I'd rather not invest that into a WR.

It's gonna be an option. Thats all. I'm gonna wait till this season actually happens before predicting what next off season will entail.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pick6byWoodson said:

What if we signed funchess with the intent of playing him at tight end?

I'm sure he'll pick up some of those split reps. This is going to basically be the "what position did Chandon play?" debate. A lot of those reps overlap with the big slot play. Will he line up 3 point in line? Heavy, heavy doubt.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/8/2020 at 1:45 PM, Pick6byWoodson said:

What if we signed funchess with the intent of playing him at tight end?

He's obviously going to take reps in the slot like you'd give to an athletic TE. Wouldn't expect anything more than that. IDK what a "TE" even is anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norm said:

He's obviously going to take reps in the slot like you'd give to an athletic TE. Wouldn't expect anything more than that. IDK what a "TE" even is anymore.

Incog would be happy to show you what 'tight end' means ;)

• Like 2

On 4/8/2020 at 10:30 AM, vegas492 said:

Declaring you would not pay someone Who played well for you team even though they haven’t played a down for your team yet is an interesting decision process.

On 5/2/2020 at 8:20 PM, Norm said:

You've gotta get off that barstool :)

From Packers Wire

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2020/05/05/packers-coach-matt-lafleur-excited-to-work-with-wr-devin-funchess/

Funchess certainly isn’t light on experience. The 2015 second-round pick played in 60 games over four seasons with the Panthers. Over his last two seasons in Carolina, Funchess caught 107 passes for 1,389 yards and 12 touchdowns. Overall, he scored 21 times with the Panthers, ranking him fifth in team history in receiving touchdowns.

He also isn’t lacking size. At 6-4 and 225 pounds, Funchess is one of the biggest receivers in football. He also has 33.5″ arms and a vertical leap of 38.5″, giving him a tremendous physical advantage over most NFL defensive backs.

usatsi_10471735.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Small guys like Demarious Randall sure had some issues with the Funchise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pO2t6kd4W4

His highlights are exciting .. big tall kid who can high point a ball.  I like how when the ball is in the air he goes up and gets it with authority.  If Rodgers will put some up for him him he could do some damage. 

• Like 1