Packers sign Devin Funchess

HighCalebR

2 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Eh,  I know he’s cheap but I don’t see the upside . He’s better than Kumerow and Allison I guess. 

Just guessing, but I would think it depends on which Geronimo Allison, and which Devin Funchess show up.

I think he adds competition to the room.  Should motivate guys to get on with their off season work toward getting better so they can earn a spot.

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold

39 minutes ago, YaddaHolla said:

Not the skill set we were hoping for. Rodgers doesn’t throw 50/50 balls so Funchess is useless in this offense

No... If he trusts the receiver, he'll throw him the ball in tight windows. Just think back to James jones in 2015.

Just now, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Just guessing, but I would think it depends on which Geronimo Allison, and Which Devin Funchess show up.

I think he adds competition to the room.  Should motivate guys to get on with their off season work toward getting better so they can earn a spot.

I guess you’re right.we’ll see what he has at camp . 

I’d feel better going into the draft if we signed Delanie Walker. I know the WR/TE FA group wasn’t great, but I’d really like some stability. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

MVS and EQ are not slow.

that's true, but they are straight liners .. it's also the body type too.  I'd like to see some smaller and quicker options .. guys that can quickly get in and out of their breaks and are a threat to score every time they touch the ball.

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

I guess you’re right.we’ll see what he has at camp . 

I’d feel better going into the draft if we signed Delanie Walker. I know the WR/TE FA group wasn’t great, but I’d really like some stability. 

I get it.  I agree.

I just think that the group has not taken the leap forward that the team hoped for, so bringing in a hungry vet sends a message to the room.  If Gute didn't think he could get enough out of a bigger signing, being able to motivate the guys like EQ and MVS is probably worth the signing.