Packers sign Devin Funchess

HighCalebR

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

No .. we haven't taken one since Javon walker I'm 2002. 

That's taken a WR in the first round right? I was talking first selection - meaning if we drop back (out of the first....).

I've no clue who they'll take - but I sure hope they dont let some killer WR slip through their fingers because of the "positional value" chart. Some times you've got to grab the talent - or go get it.

Edited by Leader

1 minute ago, Leader said:

That's taken a WR in the first round right? I was talking first selection - meaning if we drop back (out of the first....).

I've no clue who they'll take - but I sure hope they dont let some killer WR slip through their fingers because of the "positional value" chart.
Some times you've got to grab the talent - or go get it.

There's a couple rounds worth of wr talent this year 

Edited by {Family Ghost}

I look at this signing and ask "why". What does Funchess really give us? Sure he's a big target, but he's been an underachiever from Day 1. I'm hoping this is a short-term contract.

On the other hand, this is the third guy we've signed who had an off year or an IR year last year.

Lol Tom Grossi and Aaron Nagler are completely lukewarm with this signing. Understandable.

Grossi pointed out that Funchess has a really poor catch percentage. If that's the case I can't see how Rodgers will trust him. Just another player he will barely throw to.

Nagler has noted that Gute has a type when it comes to receivers. But I disagree with his opinion that the Packers historically like to bring in big WRs, if anything its the opposite. Driver, Jennings, Adams, Cobb, Sharpe, Freeman, Brooks are all under 6ft. I'm not sure where's he getting that from.

Edited by Chili

Andy Herman - Devin Funchess is a really bad sign for Geronimo Allison.

Zach Kruse -   Funchess runs 4.7, doesn't separate and catches around 50 percent of his total targets. He doesn't fill any need or role for the Packers. I don't understand it.

Aaron Nagler -   Signing Devin Funchess changes nothing when it comes to the draft, other than allow them to keep their options open.

Ross Uglem -   I bet they take the receiver in round two and not at 30 but I agree, this cannot be the only addition.

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman - Devin Funchess is a really bad sign for Geronimo Allison.

Zach Kruse -   Funchess runs 4.7, doesn't separate and catches around 50 percent of his total targets. He doesn't fill any need or role for the Packers. I don't understand it.

Aaron Nagler -   Signing Devin Funchess changes nothing when it comes to the draft, other than allow them to keep their options open.

Ross Uglem -   I bet they take the receiver in round two and not at 30 but I agree, this cannot be the only addition.

This was my immediate thought. If Josh Jones or even Raekwon Davis are there at 30 we're taking one of them and if neither are there, we're looking to trade down. We may even trade down and pick one of those two anyway if not Reagor.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Joe said:

I look at this signing and ask "why". What does Funchess really give us? Sure he's a big target, but he's been an underachiever from Day 1. I'm hoping this is a short-term contract.

On the other hand, this is the third guy we've signed who had an off year or an IR year last year.

Lol.  He had over 14 yards per reception and 17 touchdowns in his first three years.  That’s not underachieving in this league.