Redskins Signing TE Richard Rodgers

Skinsin2013

I remember he was pretty good when w/ Green Bay but of course he didn’t do much playing behind Ertz & Goddert.

He’s a big guy (6’4, 257) so that would help with blocking, but with a guy like him at his age though I’d hope our young guys beat him out.

Edited by turtle28

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Man I thought Bruce was a bargain shopper but this has been a whole different level lol

They've given up on 2020. They just want cheap, good locker room guys to establish the culture while their young core develops. Its a breathe of fresh air to be honest.

Or do we want to get a few big time FAs and run it back? Because thats the same thing as Bruce saying "we're close" for 3 years when we were never close.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

They've given up on 2020. They just want cheap, good locker room guys to establish the culture while their young core develops. Its a breathe of fresh air to be honest.

Or do we want to get a few big time FAs and run it back? Because thats the same thing as Bruce saying "we're close" for 3 years when we were never close.

Fair point

4 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Signing a bunch of scrubs who won’t make your team better isn’t really improving anything and when we’re terrible I have no clue how that will help the “culture”? 

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Signing a bunch of scrubs who won’t make your team better isn’t really improving anything and when we’re terrible I have no clue how that will help the “culture”? 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29184830978c9cdc6076

Oh, and letting your young talent play an entire season, develop and grow together while getting another top 10 pick in next years draft will very likely improve the team!

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29184830978c9cdc6076

Turtle, just stop. Every year you drink from that giant cup of Kool-Aid and every year you’re proving wrong as we spend the next couple years cutting those backups that we signed for no reason whatsoever. When Sweitzer and the gang are all out of the NFL in a year or two we can revisit this off-season and just how much it changed the culture. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Turtle, just stop. Every year you drink from that giant cup of Kool-Aid and every year you’re proving wrong as we spend the next couple years cutting those backups that we signed for no reason whatsoever. When Sweitzer and the gang are all out of the NFL in a year or two we can revisit this off-season and just how much it changed the culture. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29b4f1bae5e370130670

Even in that way the plan will have worked bc they didn’t sign big free agents for 4 plus years so they’ll save the cap space to re-sign their own drafted talent while the cheap vets they sign now will be gone.

Wouldnt you rather keep Scherff, Terry, Allen, Payne amongst others who hopefully emerge or we draft next year rather then paying $30 million combined for Cooper and Hooper?

I understand being frustrated but you’re not opening yourself to the other alternative in not overpaying for those free agents this offseason and what that could mean for this team in a few years when they could have one of the youngest playoff contending teams in the NFL.