Skinsin2013

Redskins Signing TE Richard Rodgers

40 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29433d9c6c61829d3162

Famous composers. Being a musician (and a former Music major) helps me catch these little inside jokes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodgers_and_Hammerstein

Rodgers and Hammerstein refers to the duo of composer Richard Rodgers (1902–1979) and lyricist-dramatist Oscar Hammerstein II (1895–1960), who together were an influential, innovative and successful American musical theatre writing team. They created a string of popular Broadway musicals in the 1940s and 1950s, initiating what is considered the "golden age" of musical theatre. Five of their Broadway shows, Oklahoma!CarouselSouth PacificThe King and I and The Sound of Music, were outstanding successes, as was the television broadcast of Cinderella (1957). Of the other four shows that the team produced on Broadway during their lifetimes, Flower Drum Song was well-received, and none was an outright flop. Most of their shows have received frequent revivals around the world, both professional and amateur. Among the many accolades their shows (and film versions) garnered were thirty-four Tony Awards, fifteen Academy Awards, two Pulitzer Prizes, and two Grammy Awards.

Their musical theatre writing partnership has been called the greatest of the 20th century.

Would I love to keep this guys? Sure. What evidence do we currently have that that’s going to happen? We still can’t come to an agreement with Scherff. Trent Williams is all but gone because we couldn’t guarantee him some more money and Dunbar was given away because he’s more than outplayed his contract but we somehow couldn’t pay him either. 

Going from free agency to musical composers gives you some idea of how our free agency has gone. 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29836401eb68e335f061People may not remember Richard Rogers, but he does have some talent. He’s a good vet addition.

Oh boy.

I understand the Vet minimum. So what’s the issue- camp competition for sprinkle and the rest of the TE’s- I don’t think we have an nfl caliber TE’s on the roster and certainly not a starter. We must be looking to get our starter in the next few months. Isn’t this guy related to our new assistant  DB coach? Oh brother not another nepotism issue  

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Signing a bunch of scrubs who won’t make your team better isn’t really improving anything and when we’re terrible I have no clue how that will help the “culture”? 

It wouldn’t matter who you signed in FA this year, the team won’t be competitive in 2020. Too many holes and uncertainty at the most important position. 

What am I missing? What would you have preferred? Signing Hooper + Cooper would make us a 6-7 win team. MAYBE.

I am certainly not thrilled with the offseason, but I will not crush a new regime who want to put in their system and pick their guys.

Forgot this guy was in the NFL. It's a good signing considering he could be our TE1. And while I still think we'll have to draft a TE, it doesn't have to be with our first 3rd round pick or even our second 3rd rounder.

3 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

They've given up on 2020. They just want cheap, good locker room guys to establish the culture while their young core develops. Its a breathe of fresh air to be honest.

Or do we want to get a few big time FAs and run it back? Because thats the same thing as Bruce saying "we're close" for 3 years when we were never close.

With how this off-season is going to be turned upside down in regards to Covid-19, it makes a lot of sense.  Develop who is here, don't worry about winning, and nab another draft pick in the 1-5 area.  Establish the culture change.  That development is going to have to happen on the field though.  The NFL just told teams to send their front offices home for two weeks, which will likely cause the draft to get pushed back.  I don't see OTA's and minicamps happening at full operations- even getting in half of them would be extremely generous.  

EDIT: And let's not forget the Alex Smith contract still on the books and counting against the cap.  Shanahan said years ago that the cap hit they took from the uncapped year hampered his ability to put a team together.  This cap hit from Smith is double what Shanahan had to deal with. 

2 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

I understand the Vet minimum. So what’s the issue- camp competition for sprinkle and the rest of the TE’s- I don’t think we have an nfl caliber TE’s on the roster and certainly not a starter. We must be looking to get our starter in the next few months. Isn’t this guy related to our new assistant  DB coach? Oh brother not another nepotism issue  

It’s his father!

13 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

LOL...I don't think most will get this.

I kinda went HUH ? Then almost broke a rib laughing. I needed that . xD

Once again, we made a move for the wrong Rogers!

d!ckrod is a nice and slow target for haskins. very rarely drops. blocks good enough. good guy.