Jets sign Breshad Perriman

Bobby816

I actually think perriman is a better player than Robby. With Godwin and Evans around and humphries in the past along with oj Howard there aren’t many targets to go around. We saw what he could do at the end of last season when Godwin and Evans went down. Robby just had the luxury of having absolutely no receivers around him and had to be the go to guy so his stats were better

8 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

I actually think perriman is a better player than Robby. With Godwin and Evans around and humphries in the past along with oj Howard there aren’t many targets to go around. We saw what he could do at the end of last season when Godwin and Evans went down. Robby just had the luxury of having absolutely no receivers around him and had to be the go to guy so his stats were better

TB was just slinging it around though unlike here where Sam didn’t have longer than a second to throw. Robby made a poor decision signing for Carolina imo as he should of gone to a team with a big armed qb to take advantage of his speed and tracking of the football. 

Perriman is a low risk high reward signing but I feel we are certainly asking a lot for him to replicate what Robby did for us especially since he won’t have the time to develop any real chemistry with the current world crisis going on.    

Perriman caught more than 25% of his 4 year career receptions in the last 5 games of last year, basically in garbage time with a QB that threw for over 5000 yards.  If he has suddenly turned the corner and continues at that pace, no one will be more happy, nor more surprised than me

Anderson has caught 54.3% of his career targets, the lowest percentage in the league among the 35 players with at least 350 targets from 2016 to 2019, per ESPN Stats & Information research

We hopefully get a stud WR in the draft.

Edited by NYJets4716
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

His catching in traffic is WAY better than that of Robby. But Robby just seemed to have a knack for beating DBs deep, which Perriman hasn’t shown. I just hope he can be a good 3rd or 4th WR for us

That is all I look at Perriman, as a 3rd or 4th WR. I'm hopeful  we find a WR in the draft who can start day 1 and be a top 2 target. Plus if our TEs stay healthy they should get a lot of catches.

Crowder will get a lot of catches, he was on pace for 1,000 yards last season if Darnold played all season. 

11 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Anderson has caught 54.3% of his career targets, the lowest percentage in the league among the 35 players with at least 350 targets from 2016 to 2019, per ESPN Stats & Information research

We hopefully get a stud WR in the draft.

What was his drop rate? Let’s not forget his QBs Fitz, McCown, Petty, Darnold and Falk, all of them had accuracy issues especially on the deep ball. I know you’re not comparing him to Perriman, but this is a Perriman topic so for me it’s telling that a first round pick didn’t even get 350 targets. In his 195 targets he only caught 48,7% and that was with a good Flacco, bad Flacco, good Mayfield and gunslinger Winston

10 hours ago, Rich51 said:

What was his drop rate? Let’s not forget his QBs Fitz, McCown, Petty, Darnold and Falk, all of them had accuracy issues especially on the deep ball. I know you’re not comparing him to Perriman, but this is a Perriman topic so for me it’s telling that a first round pick didn’t even get 350 targets. In his 195 targets he only caught 48,7% and that was with a good Flacco, bad Flacco, good Mayfield and gunslinger Winston

Just saying that Anderson wasn't that good, Jets fans thought higher of him than how he actually was.  He rarely helped out a QB and often made it difficult for QBs. 

On 3/28/2020 at 9:14 PM, dcat said:

And isn't this essentially the only thing that Robby did anyway?  Both players have speed.  Both players aren't known for their ability to win jump balls although I'm no expert on Perriman and earlier post says otherwise).  One has an injury history and has degraded from a first round pick to a journeyman.  Personally, I'd prefer Robby any day, but that's just me.  TBH, it isn't a big deal, because neither is what any of us really want as a long term #1 WR.  So many good WRs awaiting......   can't wait.  I am excited about moving on. 

Perriman's career-high only beats RA's career-low and Robby had to play with QB's like Petty, Hackenberg, McCown, Falk, and had Darnold during his rookie year + ghost phase. Speed is the only thing I can compare with the two. RA was a little more. He wasn't Julio Jones, but he good. We're hoping for Perriman that the last few weeks of last season weren't a fluke. 

But I'm looking forward to seeing how seeing what JD does with the WR core for the rest of the offseason. Even if we come away with Juedy or Lamb, we'll still need someone on the opposite side. 

31 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Perriman's career-high only beats RA's career-low and Robby had to play with QB's like Petty, Hackenberg, McCown, Falk, and had Darnold during his rookie year + ghost phase. Speed is the only thing I can compare with the two. RA was a little more. He wasn't Julio Jones, but he good. We're hoping for Perriman that the last few weeks of last season weren't a fluke. 

But I'm looking forward to seeing how seeing what JD does with the WR core for the rest of the offseason. Even if we come away with Juedy or Lamb, we'll still need someone on the opposite side. 

He’s a good signing bc he’s not getting paid a ton, is still young where if he proves himself for a whole season, he’s worth investing in. But also we can cut ties with him if he flops.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He’s a good signing bc he’s not getting paid a ton, is still young where if he proves himself for a whole season, he’s worth investing in. But also we can cut ties with him if he flops.

yeah, he's worth the risk contract wise but he's not someone to bank on replacing Robby or even being a consistent starter for a team that really needs someone to help our 3rd year QB and coaching staff.  Just an example, if we picked up Emmanuel Sanders instead. We can look him as a replacement and starter Sam could rely on to put up Robby like numbers or at least last for the season. 

So I'm not looking at him as Robby's replacement, but he's on a great contract and brings competition when healthy. Still need 2 WRs. 

13 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

yeah, he's worth the risk contract wise but he's not someone to bank on replacing Robby or even being a consistent starter for a team that really needs someone to help our 3rd year QB and coaching staff.  Just an example, if we picked up Emmanuel Sanders instead. We can look him as a replacement and starter Sam could rely on to put up Robby like numbers or at least last for the season. 

So I'm not looking at him as Robby's replacement, but he's on a great contract and brings competition when healthy. Still need 2 WRs. 

He’s a more complete WR than Robby. Just hasn’t done it enough to say he’s a WR worth counting on