Daniel's Draft Thread

Daniel

9 minutes ago, Daniel said:

There's upside, and I do agree he is a slightly better prospect than Kevin Dodd was.  But they both were on NC teams and came on strong at the year's end, and Dodd was considered a steal when the Titans took him at 33.  There are quite a few similarities.

But a B-, in my mind, is a slightly above average pick, because it's a slightly above average grade.

Meh this is inaccurate. More burst and bend for Chaisson. Dodd was 23 pounds heavier at the combine. Longer arms. Played more upright. Chaisson gets lower paid level. Chaisson can play OLB in a 4-3 with his range in some schemes. Don’t see comparable prospects one bit. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Meh this is inaccurate. More burst and bend for Chaisson. Dodd was 23 pounds heavier at the combine. Longer arms. Played more upright. Chaisson gets lower paid level. Chaisson can play OLB in a 4-3 with his range in some schemes. Don’t see comparable prospects one bit. 

Good news is the Jags are moving to a 3-4 base and Chaisson will largely be out of a 2 point stance.

Will get some run in a 4-3 as a SAM too but he's going to be playing in his most suited ways more than not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

Comparable being the fact that he came on strong late with a good team.  I wouldn't want to invest in someone without more production in the first round.  I think that elevated his stock, similarly to the way Dodd's was elevated.  I'm not saying they play alike.

43 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Comparable being the fact that he came on strong late with a good team.  I wouldn't want to invest in someone without more production in the first round.  I think that elevated his stock, similarly to the way Dodd's was elevated.  I'm not saying they play alike.

And passing on a good prospect for that reason shows your Dodd PTSD 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Counselor said:

And passing on a good prospect for that reason shows your Dodd PTSD 

This is certainly possible.

But I was low on Chaisson even without the comparison.  I really just don't see elite traits that everyone raves about at all.  At least not with the degree of consistency you want.  Which is why I had him as a third round prospect, but *shrug* I've been wrong before, and I expect to be wrong many more times.