GDT 2017: Week 3 - Ravens @ Jags IN LONDON

drd23

3-0 here we come!

With BWilliams injured we'll find out about our DLine depth, gonna be interesting to see if Michael Pierce is as good as people here like to think. Nothing to worry about other  than Fournette for the Jags offensively with their sorry staple of QBs.

Their defense is nice though so i expect a low scoring affair. 16-13, and ffs please no more injuries! 

Kind of glad it's early as we have some plans in the afternoon so I'll be able to at least watch a bit of it.

I think it's going to be closer than people think.  The Jags defense is no joke and with our OL the way it is, I can see Joe having a long day.  Luckily for us, I think Bortles has an even longer day.  We need to sell out to stop their run game and let our secondary do its job on 3rd and longs.

Ravens 19  Jags 13

Joe throws 2 TD and 2 INT

Bortles throws 1 TD and 3 INT

If the Jaguars are as committed to the run as the appear to have been thus far in the season then I'm not too worried about this game. Even if Williams is out. If there's one thing Pees does well with his defensive scheme it's putting up a strong front against the run. That's his schtick. With Pierce and Davis that's still a big one-two punch anchoring against the run. Wormley will probably be active and get some playing time too. Again, assuming Williams is out. 

When Jacksonville has to abandon the run and rely on Bortles... that's when the Ravens win. He's been bad. Which is a shame, I like Bortles and thought he had a chance of getting back to his 2016-16 form this season with less on his plate after Fournette was drafted. Doesn't look that way so far. With Baltimore's pass rush given clearance to tee off on Bortles when they have to pass it's over. In years past this is where you would say "but the secondary could still get torched regardless of the pass rush" but nope not now. There were some mistakes against the Browns, but nothing particularly worrying. 

I haven't felt overly confident in the Ravens very often the past few years, but in this case I do. The defense is going to have to put the offense in a position to succeed, again, because Jacksonville's defense can be pretty good, but they've shown the ability to do that the first two games. Jacksonville's offense isn't any better than Cincinnati's or Cleveland's so I would expect the defense to keep on the same pace they have been. Traveling to London might throw things off a bit, but I don't get the feeling that the Ravens are much of a rhythm team right now anyways. Certainly not offensively at least, and defense usually travels well. 

Ravens 17, Jaguars 6

Archived