GDT 2017: Week 3 - Ravens @ Jags IN LONDON

drd23

10 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

I still say our coordinators are fraudulent. But I'll take the Aaron Rodgers approach and tell everyone to R.E.L.A.X. It's only one game and we can bounce back and take 3 Ws against our division. We got dealt with today, it was also the Jags Superbowl. Just move on and handle what you got to handle next.

tenor.gif

7 hours ago, .Buzz said:
18 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

I still say our coordinators are fraudulent. But I'll take the Aaron Rodgers approach and tell everyone to R.E.L.A.X. It's only one game and we can bounce back and take 3 Ws against our division. We got dealt with today, it was also the Jags Superbowl. Just move on and handle what you got to handle next.

tenor.gif

Is a week 3 game against THE Baltimore Ravens in London not the Super Bowl?

Well I guess we found out what we should expect of our team when the defense can't generate 5 turnovers a game. I didn't really see anything we hadn't already seen this year yesterday. Flacco was his usual self, the offense was it's usual self, the defense blew coverages all over the place. The only difference was not generating turnovers.

I'm not going to overreact and say we should fire anyone because of that game. It's a game in London. What was disappointing was just how terrible they really were, in every phase of the game. Most disappointing was Jeremy Maclin, imo. The complete lack of effort on every catch was amazing. On the flip side, Marlon Humphrey continues to get better and better.

I'll say this - that Jags defense is filthy.

On to that team that just lost to the Bears lol

Just got back from London, after paying £250 on two tickets and £260 on a hotel for three nights. Money well spent, there. The tickets alone gave me an exchange rate of less than a yard of offense to the pound. It was abject, embarrassing. It was the worst display I've ever seen from the Ravens, and possibly from any NFL team. The flag football kids at half time looked better (and even there, the kids with the Ravens t-shirts on were soundly beaten).

I knew the offense would be bad, but I at least expected the defense to show up. They didn't. No pass rush, bad coverage, missed tackles. Just lazy, badly prepared, and they didn't seem to care. Which is a great signal to send to thousands of European Ravens fans who were finally getting to see their team play, and to all the American fans who travelled to London for the game. The team seemed to quit as soon as the Jags were up by a couple of scores. 

I know they won't play that badly again, because it's nigh on impossible for any team to be that bad, two weeks in a row. They might well turn up and punch the Steelers in the mouth next week, and I doubt we'd be that surprised if they did. But long term, this isn't a team that's going places. The offense is just too bad to win if the defense is anything less than dominant.

The WRs look badly coached and unmotivated. It's obvious when you watch on TV, but (this being my first live game) at the stadium, it's so stark. Ravens receivers are almost never open. They never have separation, never force the QB to look for them. Wallace can whine about not getting touches if he likes, but I don't see him doing anything on the field that demands he get them. Perriman does even less, and he clearly doesn't care.

Only bright sparks from that game? Correa played okay, Jefferson played okay, Humphries looked good, Alex Collins might be a very nice signing, if he can keep the ball in his hands.

Completely agree with the outlash on the wide receivers. They really do nothing.

I payed 180 pounds for a return ticket for both me and the GF, then 250 for 4 nights at a small hotel, way too much on food and transport and ofc the ticket about 80 pounds. It was okay untill this morning, when we arrived at the airport, waited in line only to be told, that we where 5 minutes late for check-in and they could'nt let us in due to security reasons (there were 35 minutes till the gate closed.

So I had to spend 406 pounds to get home to Denmark 8 hours later, where the plane ofc was delayed, so we came home 2 hours ago. Not happy at all

The Baltimore Ravens won't be volunteering to play in London again if coach John Harbaugh has any say about it.

"To be honest with you -- and maybe I'll get into trouble for saying this -- don't plan on going over there any time soon to play again," Harbaugh said Monday, a day after Baltimore's 44-7 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars in the franchise's first overseas game. "So, somebody else can have that job."

Before this season, the Ravens were one of eight teams not to play a regular-season game outside the United States.

Harbaugh acknowledged that the Jaguars, who have won three straight years in London, have a better understanding than the Ravens in the logistics of playing there. He believes that there are some logistics that he would've wanted handled differently.

The Ravens stayed at a hotel that was 45 minutes outside of London and practiced for two days at a facility of a local rugby team.

"There were some certain things that came up that you look at it and you go, 'That wasn't ideal,'" Harbaugh said. "But we really had no way of knowing that. Some things we have no control over. We have no control where we stay, how far the bus ride is, how long it takes to get to the stadium. What impact it had are things we look at."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20818621/baltimore-ravens-coach-john-harbaugh-not-fond-playing-london

What a ridiculous excuse.  How on earth can they say they "have no control where [they] stay"?  Does the team not book their own hotel?  And if for some reason they truly don't, that's not much better.

Wow, can't believe he said that with a straight face. A prof football organization sure has some employes taking care of travelling (logistics), if they can't get their job done look for somebody else. Every Ravens fan travelling from abroad like myself and several others on here got this s*it done by themselves. Great message to your fanbase coach, appreciated.

Archived