FFMD ll 20’ - Denver Broncos Front Office

Scoundrel

10 hours ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

We were quite wary of Duvernay's tight hips. He can get chunks on designated screen type plays, but as a deep threat he is a burner only who needs to be wide open. He doesnt highpoint and fight for the ball well and his catch radius is pretty tiny. My comparison to him was Antwan Goodley, similarily built and did well at the combine but a guy that really isnt good when the ball is in the air and had a small catch radius. 

I am so much higher on Amik than DPJ that this didnt even cross my mind. 

We understood that the WR depth was unique, but we didnt want to force picks. Amik and Bartch were guys that we saw as top-5 positionally (Batrch at OG) and after them the board just didnt fall our way at WR in R4. 

We will get another WR at some point, but Rome wasnt built in a day. Alot of these picks take into account the window opening in 2021, and ideally we land a big WR FA to compliment Sutton and Jerry next offseason. 

BTW, draft so far w/ 2020 role projection and beyond:

1.13 Jerry Jeudy WR - Starting WR2

2.46 Jeremy Chinn S - 50-60% S snaps / Eventually replaces Jackson

3.77 Amik Robertson CB - Competes w/ Bausby for CB2 / Eventual CB2

3.83 Ben Bartch OL - Starting RG / Potential to replace Bolles or James 2021

4.118 Leki Fotu NT - 30-40% NT snaps / Eventually replace Purcell

4.133 Davion Taylor ILB - ST Ace / Eventually replace Todd Davis

The concern on Duvernay’s tight hips is fair.   I just think it’s easier to find DL help that has the same impact as the WR’s at that tier could do overall.   I don’t see it as a reach.   But I get the concern on Duvernay.  FTR though I do love me some DPJ (and AGG) though - time will tell on that call.  

No problem on Bartch - I think that was a home run pick value-wise.    The debate really sets in at that Rd4 tier.  There’s certainly no locks at that tier.  

Edited by Broncofan

2 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

Quez went one pick earlier in the 6th.

I'm deciding between Quintez Cephus, Kalija Lipscomb and Isaiah Coulter

Cephus impressed me every game I watched him..He seems to run good routes and makes plays...He comes with baggage and his 40 time wasn't good but he can play.  I think I saw Okudah say he was one of the toughest matchups he had all going against him. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...