FFMD ll 20’ - Denver Broncos Front Office

Scoundrel

3 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

I was expecting Tyler Biadasz to fall to 83, but he got picked.

Right now I'm deciding between Ben Barcht or Matt Hennessy for pick 83. You can give me your thought on who would you prefer or if you have a guy I should consider over those two. Please tell me.

Hennessy is a scheme fit! And he could compete to start day one at C.

• Like 1

Unless it's a horrible reach (for say a Rd5-6 talent), need starts to become more of a factor - just don't let a top BPA talent slide if it's such a diff there's a noticeable gap.   If a top 50-60 talent was still there at 83, then it's entirely justifiable.   That's usually not the case, but the WR class is so deep, it's worth considering if one of those guys is here (and yes, you took Jeudy, but again, having 3 cheap WR's who can be difference-makers, you won't have the opportunity to pick those guys at 83 in most drafts, so don't let need go above all if there's an OMG-how-is-he-still there type guy).   

If the 2-3 guys are all clustered together closely overall now though, then need certainly can be the deciding factor.

Edited by Broncofan

I can live with Hennessy at 3.83, but I am having a hard time convincing myself that he is BPA. 

I much prefer Bartch as he is a better athlete, much higher upside and isnt a single position player. I think he can be a excellent OG but have the ability to play swing OT as well, much like a far better version of Schofield. His game tape is purely dominant and he held his own in the pro bowl against R1 talents. I personally have a top 75 grade on him so getting him at 83 would naturally be a steal. Not many people are looking at him as an OG, but to me he clearly is the next small school interior OG talent in the tradition of Marpet, Tardif and Lamp. 

Also, we could start having the Ben Bartch challenge where fans try and chug his scrambled egg and gatorade protein shakes before games, and after 8 coors. 

54 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I can live with Hennessy at 3.83, but I am having a hard time convincing myself that he is BPA. 

I much prefer Bartch as he is a better athlete, much higher upside and isnt a single position player. I think he can be a excellent OG but have the ability to play swing OT as well, much like a far better version of Schofield. His game tape is purely dominant and he held his own in the pro bowl against R1 talents. I personally have a top 75 grade on him so getting him at 83 would naturally be a steal. Not many people are looking at him as an OG, but to me he clearly is the next small school interior OG talent in the tradition of Marpet, Tardif and Lamp. 

Also, we could start having the Ben Bartch challenge where fans try and chug his scrambled egg and gatorade protein shakes before games, and after 8 coors. 

Honestly, then take Bartch between the 2.   The idea that McGovern Glasgow  can play better at G than C is fair, but getting a better talent at G and living with McGovern Glasgow at C is more than reasonable this year.  C is the easier to position to find a workable guy than getting a higher-talent G.    Get the better talent, and sort the rest out later.   The mindset of fixing this year's roster holes with the draft is short-sighted - get better talent, there is rarely a positional glut that can't be sorted out, than just filling needs-first.   I know you are advocating this, but more for advancing the public discussion.

Edited by Broncofan
Thx BF2010, fixed...

Honestly, then take Bartch between the 2.   The idea that McGovern can play better at G than C is fair, but getting a better talent at G and living with McGovern at C is more than reasonable.  C is the easier to position to find a workable guy than getting a higher-talent G.    Get the better talent, and sort the rest out later. * 

* Glasgow

But if I remember correctly, he graded similarily at OC and RG the past few seasons. I think moving him to OC creates alot of potential solutions should an injury happen. If Glasgow goes down, we slide Pat Morris into OC. If Bolles or James go down, we slide Bartch to OT and Wilkerson to RG - or Glasgow to RG and Morris to OC. Just alot of versatility in positional flexability along the OL which is great since injuries are guaranteed. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

* Glasgow

But if I remember correctly, he graded similarily at OC and RG the past few seasons. I think moving him to OC creates alot of potential solutions should an injury happen. If Glasgow goes down, we slide Pat Morris into OC. If Bolles or James go down, we slide Bartch to OT and Wilkerson to RG - or Glasgow to RG and Morris to OC. Just alot of versatility in positional flexability along the OL which is great since injuries are guaranteed. 

LOL, yes Glasgow.   Covid-19 preparedness has me goofy.   Maybe I'll remember it's 2020.

But yes, the same principle applies.   Glasgow was a college C.   He's capable there.   If Bartch is a 78 grade G, and Hennessey is a 72 grade C - you take Bartch.   And yes, agree on versatility being a key.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

If Bartch is a 78 grade G, and Hennessey is a 72 grade C - you take Bartch.   And yes, agree on versatility being a key.

I think its an even easier decision as IMO Bartch is a better OG prospect than Hennessey is an OC, but also a decent OT prospect. The metrics, spitballing, would be sorta like:

Ben Bartch OG - 80

Matt Hennessey OC - 75

Ben Bartch OT - 70

That makes the decision even easier IMO. 

• Like 2

The other argument to taking Bartch - moving Glasgow to C actually mitigates his biggest weakness (not a great guy in a power scheme).   For power run plays, being at C is probably exposing him less than as a G (and his pass pro skills at both positions is definitely an upgrade). 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

Tyler Johnson is going to be a BEAST.  One of the steals of the a Draft IMO.  Rod Smith 2.0

I like Johnson quite a bit, especially as a compliment if we raft Ruggs but I think with Jeudy I would want a big bodied outside WR to compliment him. That way we can move Jerry inside at times when we go 3WR. That being said, I think Tyler could be avaliable at 4.118 and there is a good chance he would be BPA. 

He isnt nearly as physical as Rod though, thats probably his worst trait. 

Well, I went with the Smoothie.

83rd selection was Ben Bartch, RG, St. John's.

I do considered Tyler Johnson, but characters problems ans the Jeudy pick prevented me from doing it.

He will be in considerantion for 118. Most the ILB I like are gone so 118 will be another WR or another OL. One guy in those position will probably be my BPA.

3 hours ago, BowserBroncos said:

I was expecting Tyler Biadasz to fall to 83, but he got picked.

Right now I'm deciding between Ben Barcht or Matt Hennessy for pick 83. You can give me your thought on who would you prefer or if you have a guy I should consider over those two. Please tell me.

Bartch can play swing tackle and has been projected to play G as well. 

2 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

Well, I went with the Smoothie.

83rd selection was Ben Bartch, RG, St. John's.

I do considered Tyler Johnson, but characters problems ans the Jeudy pick prevented me from doing it.

He will be in considerantion for 118. Most the ILB I like are gone so 118 will be another WR or another OL. One guy in those position will probably be my BPA.

At 118 I'd suggest you look ar RB/WR Antonio Gibson. 6'0" 228lbs and ran a 4.38 40-yd . He's fills a need for speed and presents versatility. 

• Like 2