FFMD ll 20’ - Denver Broncos Front Office

Scoundrel

Just now, Cutler06 said:

Bartch can play swing tackle and has been projected to play G as well. 

Yeah. I went with him.

Our draft this far:

13. Jerry Jeudy - WR - Alabama
46. Jeremy Chinn - S - Southern Illinois
77. Amik Robertson - CB - Louisiana Tech
83. Ben Bartch - OL - St. John's

4 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

Well, I went with the Smoothie.

83rd selection was Ben Bartch, RG, St. John's.

I do considered Tyler Johnson, but characters problems ans the Jeudy pick prevented me from doing it.

He will be in considerantion for 118. Most the ILB I like are gone so 118 will be another WR or another OL. One guy in those position will probably be my BPA.

Great pick with Bartch.  What are the character concerns with Tyler?

When do you pick again?

If it's not for 20+ picks, a BPA list now is worthless.

I wouldn't get too worried about WR - there are 4-5 guys who would be fantastic 2nd guys at your next pick who will likely be BPA.

If you're picking soon, though.....

Just now, Cutler06 said:

At 118 I'd suggest you look ar RB/WR Antonio Gibson. 6'0" 228lbs and ran a 4.38 40-yd . He's fills a need for speed and presents versatility. 

He is one of the guys I have insight.

the others:

WR Tyler Johnson
WR Donavon Peoples-Jones
WR Devin Duvernay
WR K.J. Hill
WR Gabriel Davis
C Nick Harris
OT Matt Peart
OT Yasir Durant
OT Saahdiq Charles
OT Alex Taylor
OT Trey Adams
ILB Davion Taylor
ILB Akeem Davis-Gaither
EDGE Derreck Tuszka
DT Leki Fotu
DT Benito Jones

I'm excluding guys that are unlikely to be available at 118 as John Simpson, Damien Lewis and Matt Hennessy)

Gibson would be an excellent pick at 4.118. I have to assume someone takes him before that, he is arguably the closest thing to Tyreke in this draft. His H/W/S is just nuts, and while raw as a WR, he still managed 18 YPC. Something like 14TD last season on 77 touches. Ya, the kid is a natural playmaker. 

I would have consitered him 3.83 but it seemed to luxurious a pick with other needs and some top 75 guys still on the board. 

9 minutes ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

Great pick with Bartch.  What are the character concerns with Tyler?

Benjamin Solak listed him as a character red flags, I've tried to find the reason, but it's probably something not reported yet. Since we already took Jeudy and OL was still a need, Bartch end up my to choice between the 2. But if he's there at 118, things change.

1 minute ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

Gibson would be an excellent pick at 4.118. I have to assume someone takes him before that, he is arguably the closest thing to Tyreke in this draft. His H/W/S is just nuts, and while raw as a WR, he still managed 18 YPC. Something like 14TD last season on 77 touches. Ya, the kid is a natural playmaker. 

I would have consitered him 3.83 but it seemed to luxurious a pick with other needs and some top 75 guys still on the board. 

One guy I forgot to mention is Dalton Keene. He is listed as TE, but he can play RB and WR (Have to check but I think he played QB in High School). Taysom Hill's TE version. Colorado Native that spoke to Denver committee at the Combine.

15 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

When do you pick again?

If it's not for 20+ picks, a BPA list now is worthless.

I wouldn't get too worried about WR - there are 4-5 guys who would be fantastic 2nd guys at your next pick who will likely be BPA.

If you're picking soon, though.....

35 picks away.

19 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

He is one of the guys I have insight.

the others:

WR Tyler Johnson -  Talented but the character issues, not inline with what we've drafted the last two years.
WR Donavon Peoples-Jones
WR Devin Duvernay  - Good value, has speed and can return kicks I believe. Jeudy/Sutton.Good compliment to J
WR K.J. Hill - Another good choice but isn't he basically Hamilton ??
WR Gabriel Davis - Sure handed
C Nick Harris
OT Matt Peart - Good value in the 4th 
OT Yasir Durant
OT Saahdiq Charles
OT Alex Taylor - Not a natural knee bender , should be available late IMO
OT Trey Adams - Didn't he have knee issues already ??
ILB Davion Taylor - Showed well at CU Pro Day, ran 4.39 there. Raw, but could help with our TE coverage issues
ILB Akeem Davis-Gaither - Talent here, could replace Todd Davis this year IMO.
EDGE Derreck Tuszka - With Von, Chubb, Holland, Attachou and Reed, is it a need that can wait ?
DT Leki Fotu - Like him as well
DT Benito Jones - too early

I'm excluding guys that are unlikely to be available at 118 as John Simpson, Damien Lewis and Matt Hennessy)

Just some thoughts on the guys I've looked into, can't speak about the rest. A 5th rd WR Ques Watkins, yet another fast WR

14 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Just some thoughts on the guys I've looked into, can't speak about the rest. A 5th rd WR Ques Watkins, yet another fast WR

Watkins is definitely a guy that I have my eyes on round 5/6 will be a guy that I'll be banging the table late 5 if we didn't get 2 WRs earlier.

To answer the questions. Yeah Hill may look like Hamilton, but I think overall he is a better prospect than Hamilton was coming in.

Yes, Adams has major injury problems, but the talent is there. I wonder when would be a good move to get him.

On Tuszka, Holland isn't in Denver anymore (if you meant Hollins, he can play more ILB, he was relegated in the depth chart when Attaochu broke out) and Tuszka will probably be better than Reed and Hollins. You can't have enough edge rushers in your roster. Fangio put him on the map by being the 1st GM to show interest on him in the Combine. He looks like a guy that will be perfect in Fangio system, be a perfect partner for Attaochu and may develop into a starter in a few years (maybe preparing for a live without Von in 3 to 4 years?)

If Tuszka is there in the 5th, he will be in the top of my board. My comp for him is Grant Wistrom.

that said, he is only a backup option if all my top choices for 118 are gone. The pick I'd like him is 154 or 177.

Edited by BowserBroncos

1 minute ago, BowserBroncos said:

Watkins is definitely a guy that I have my eyes on round 5/6 will be a guy that I'll be banging the table late 5 if we didn't get 2 WRs earlier.

To answer the questions. Yeah Hill may look like Hamilton, but I think overall he is a better prospect than Hamilton was coming in.

Yes, Adams has major injury problems, but the talent is there. I wonder when would be a good move to get him.

On Tuszka, Holland isn't in Denver anymore (if you meant Hollins, he can play more ILB, he was relegated in the depth chart when Attaochu broke out and Tuszka will probably be better than Reed and Hollins. You can't have enough edge rushers in your roster. Fangio put him on the map by being the 1st GM to show interest on him in the Combine. He looks like a guy that will be perfect in Fangio system, be a perfect partner for Attaochu and may develop into a starter in a few years (maybe preparing for a live without Von in 3 to 4 years?)

If Tuszka is there in the 5th, he will be in the top of my board. My comp for him is Grant Wistrom.

Yes, I did mean Hollins. If you are looking at trading Von in the next few years, OK but otherwise it's a luxury pick that diminishes one of Hollins, Attachou or Reed IMO. We can use that pick to fill other needs. 

6 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I wont ever complain about adding more pass rushers, but not sure Tuszka will be BPA. 

Yep, and for that reason I think he will be around early 6th round. Taking a flyer on him at 6.181 would be a great gamble. 

He won’t be available there, someone will take him in round 4 probably.

I like D’Ante Smith or Scott Frantz as my sleeper OT to give to Munchak.