FFMD ll 20’- Los Angeles Chargers Front Office

Scoundrel

Sorry, I completely missed this thread. I’m in for the trade for Tua. I think that’s totally reasonable to move up to 3. I’d rather trade Lamp than throw in the future 3, just my opinion, I would throw in next years third though if that’s what it took.  I’m out on Stafford, the injuries scare me and we’d probably have to dump Ingram or Heyward to create cap room 

Edited by BoltsFan937

32 minutes ago, ThatDiesel said:

@Zappaz are you with us tomorrow as a co-GM?

Can't commit to anything but will throw some input in when I can. 

36 minutes ago, Duffman57 said:

So it seems like the Dolphins are for the 1st, 2nd, 4th and future 3rd.  There's only 3 of us here, but I'm for the trade, talking with @ThatDiesel (i pointed him to come over to this thread too).  With me being for, that's what we'll probably go with if Tua is there.

I do think Tua is the realistic target and if that's what it takes to get him then I think we'd need to jump on it.  

Now with us losing so many picks it might be worth seeing if some other teams would be interested in some players for picks. Not that we have a ton of guys people would really want but its worth throwing out there. 

Or any chance they would do our 3rd this year and 2nd next in that trade? I would like to keep our 2nd rounder this year if at all possible. 

Just now, Zappaz said:

Or any chance they would do our 3rd this year and 2nd next in that trade? I would like to keep our 2nd rounder this year if at all possible. 

If I may address this: there is a 0% chance that we could do this without getting a 2nd in return. Our other (possible) offer is two 1st round picks from MIA, but they're still discussing things and we'd like to move forward tonight, as the draft is early tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Duffman57 said:

I have also talked with the Lions GM and said that this would be an on the clock trade, conditional on Tua being there.

I think, if approved, we can have that condition added to the trade proposal. Considering the tight schedule and 40 minute time slots, that should be allowed for this.

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I think, if approved, we can have that condition added to the trade proposal. Considering the tight schedule and 40 minute time slots, that should be allowed for this.

In the past, the people running it wouldn't have to approve draft day trades as long as both GM's post on the trade board. I'll be on for the 3rd pick so that should be an issue. 

• Like 1

Unaware of whatever the trade is you guys have worked out, we won't be voiding trades.  The option to void a trade is really only intended were it to create some loophole that altered the structure of the guidelines.  Me personally I could care less if you traded all your picks to move up, we just will flag it if the value is grossly over / under valued.  For me that's like if you accepted a 5th rounder for a 1st rounder which for me it tells me that one of you is done and just dumping picks to get out of it.  

It also helps me to do research for future changes that would keep someone from getting bored so for example most people start losing interest toward the bottom of the 5th.  Guys miss time slots, they aren't responding to tags very fast, etc.  So I look for something to hold their attention.  

@EaglesPeteC I know you aren't looking to do a free agency, but thinking about this it might be something to keep in the pocket should things get boring.  The free agents by the 5th round irl will be signed and guys will be looking to add them if possible plus it's players they are familiar with where most of the guys here haven't scouted past the 3rd round.

Could boost it at the right time for a banging end...just saying.

9 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Unaware of whatever the trade is you guys have worked out, we won't be voiding trades.  The option to void a trade is really only intended were it to create some loophole that altered the structure of the guidelines.  Me personally I could care less if you traded all your picks to move up, we just will flag it if the value is grossly over / under valued.  For me that's like if you accepted a 5th rounder for a 1st rounder which for me it tells me that one of you is done and just dumping picks to get out of it.  

It also helps me to do research for future changes that would keep someone from getting bored so for example most people start losing interest toward the bottom of the 5th.  Guys miss time slots, they aren't responding to tags very fast, etc.  So I look for something to hold their attention.  

@EaglesPeteC I know you aren't looking to do a free agency, but thinking about this it might be something to keep in the pocket should things get boring.  The free agents by the 5th round irl will be signed and guys will be looking to add them if possible plus it's players they are familiar with where most of the guys here haven't scouted past the 3rd round.

Could boost it at the right time for a banging end...just saying.

I gotta be honest, I'm not sure if you put this in the right thread.  I could see the first part being for us, since we asked about getting trades approved, but I'm really not sure where that second part of the rant came from lol.....

But what's up peoples, WHOS READY TO DRAFT????????

25 minutes ago, Duffman57 said:

I gotta be honest, I'm not sure if you put this in the right thread.  I could see the first part being for us, since we asked about getting trades approved, but I'm really not sure where that second part of the rant came from lol.....

But what's up peoples, WHOS READY TO DRAFT????????

Lol...no no thats just the way my crazy brain works.

With the mutual parting of ways with our long time franchise QB, we are happy to announce that we were able to turn the page, and start the new era in LA with a few face at QB.  In this day in age, you do whatever it takes to get your franchise QB. Don't be mistaken by the crosses on his eyes, this is a bad man. Goodbye to Dad, and welcome to the kid.

geFsByW.png?2

With the 3rd overall pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Chargers proudly select....

TUA TAGOVAILOA QB, Alabama

@ny92mike Is now on the clock.

Since nobody wanted to bite, or show up for matter, its done.  Tua is a Charger

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Duffman57 said:

Since nobody wanted to bite, or show up for matter, its done.  Tua is a Charger

Tua! Good pick imo. Health is an obvious question mark especially coming from one of the greatest iron man QBs ever to someone coming off of major injury... but he checks every other box including fan support. The more I think about it the more I hope this actually plays out for the Chargers and I'm game to "over pay". 

btw, I tried to be on early while at work but forgot my password lmao. I should have just messaged you via twitter since I'm fairly sure I'm following you on there too.