FFMD ll 20’- Los Angeles Chargers Front Office

Scoundrel

2 minutes ago, Zappaz said:

Tua! Good pick imo. Health is an obvious question mark especially coming from one of the greatest iron man QBs ever to someone coming off of major injury... but he checks every other box including fan support. The more I think about it the more I hope this actually plays out for the Chargers and I'm game to "over pay". 

btw, I tried to be on early while at work but forgot my password lmao. I should have just messaged you via twitter since I'm fairly sure I'm following you on there too.

Hahahahaha it's all good.  Honestly it wouldn't have made a difference, we already unanimously voted yes on the trade, so unless they took the Miami deal it really wouldn't have mattered.

I just wanted someone to screw with having them fall for the Herbert post...lol

Edited by Duffman57
  • Like 1

I'll DM it to the rest of you ( @BoltsFan937) but I put codes to the spreadsheet, so we can be a little more coy about what positions were taking.  I have decided that they are all cartoon dinosaur/beast characters.  How we will do it is just use the Name, and then the row that it's in (example Reptar34).  If want to bring up a guy that is on the 2nd or 3rd or whatever column just us a -2/-3 at the end (ie Reptar34-3).  I feel like that's simple enough.

So I will start that I think that the first position we should address at 71 is Baby (if you don't know who that is google baby dinosaurs), I'm particularly fond of Baby8 and Baby16.  

I get some people will want a player at Littlefoot, but I think we are ok there, and can take the stance of letting a player there play out and considering a vet after the draft. I was a huge fan of Littlefoot11 and littlefoot26, but we can see where we end up on that.

If there's someone that is hard to deny or BPA at Reptar, Rex, Godzilla or Petrie, and MAAYBe even at King Kong (I got a little lazy with that one not really a dinosaur....lol), then I'd be open to taking someone that's real good there.

Edited by Duffman57
  • Like 1

I'm against Littlefoot in general and think that is a position we really don't need to focus on at the moment. I think with what we have now that we should be fine assuming there is some progression from a player who all expected to be a project.

I'm thinking Godzilla or Rex should be a focus unless you know of some good sleepers that could be had late. Rex27 is someone I'd like to keep track of since I think they could even move to Yoshi at times, plus they went to a college that seems like a popular place for Chargers lol. 

1 hour ago, Zappaz said:

I'm against Littlefoot in general and think that is a position we really don't need to focus on at the moment. I think with what we have now that we should be fine assuming there is some progression from a player who all expected to be a project.

I'm thinking Godzilla or Rex should be a focus unless you know of some good sleepers that could be had late. Rex27 is someone I'd like to keep track of since I think they could even move to Yoshi at times, plus they went to a college that seems like a popular place for Chargers lol. 

I absolutely LOVE Yoshi19 if we're going to go that rout at some point.  I think it'd be useful with a player there who's a FA next year, and not much depth behind him.

I know a lot of people like him but I'm just not sold on him at all.  I'd rather take a true Rex than try to find another hybrid guy that just doesn't seem to work very often.  

13 hours ago, Duffman57 said:

I absolutely LOVE Yoshi19 if we're going to go that rout at some point.  I think it'd be useful with a player there who's a FA next year, and not much depth behind him.

I know a lot of people like him but I'm just not sold on him at all.  I'd rather take a true Rex than try to find another hybrid guy that just doesn't seem to work very often.  

I do think the position should be considered and Yoshi19 definitely looks to be able to replace that person for much cheaper. 

As for Rex27, I don't think he has to be move to Yoshi but could in certain packages. I was on the fence but his speed mixed with that desire to do the dirty work made me like him. I do get that there might be more "true" fits but we'll have to see how the board falls. With our lack of picks I'm not sure about him in the 3rd and I doubt he makes it to round 5 so we might be out all together anyways. 

12 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Hey gentlemen.

I know we briefly discussed Mr. Lamp during our previous trade discussions. Is he an individual that may be available for trade?

No rush. I appreciate it.

We're always open to discussion! 

17 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

We've got an early 5th round pick. (So early that, if you squint, it kinda looks like a 4th.) I don't think I can convince my group to trade an early 4th for him.

Sorry to quote myself in your front office...

I spoke to my guys. We like Lamp - we do - but we're not at Brick Tamland levels. Our 5th is the 3rd pick in that round, which (in FFMD's post-draft bidding system) almost guarantees you one of the top prospects remaining. And I think that 5th is our ceiling on Lamp.

If you'd rather not, we understand. Thanks for the talks.

37 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Sorry to quote myself in your front office...

I spoke to my guys. We like Lamp - we do - but we're not at Brick Tamland levels. Our 5th is the 3rd pick in that round, which (in FFMD's post-draft bidding system) almost guarantees you one of the top prospects remaining. And I think that 5th is our ceiling on Lamp.

If you'd rather not, we understand. Thanks for the talks.

I’m pretty against this. At this point we’re not getting anyone with much value with a 5th round pick and Lamp at this point isn’t worth the upside of how he could break out. I’d rather just hold strong and see what the new coach can get out of him and see if he can stay healthy. 

2 minutes ago, Duffman57 said:

I’m pretty against this. At this point we’re not getting anyone with much value with a 5th round pick and Lamp at this point isn’t worth the upside of how he could break out. I’d rather just hold strong and see what the new coach can get out of him and see if he can stay healthy. 

Makes sense. Thank you!

56 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Hey guys, any of your WR's on the trade block?

I wouldn't consider either unless a VERY steep price is paid.  And by "either" I mean we only have 2 WR's worth trading for and Neither of them are really worth parting with because our cost will likely be higher than you're willing to pay.

• Like 1

I've been in contact seeing some prices on guys that could be potential targets for us.

John Ross was priced at a 2nd-3rd pick

Keke Coutie was priced at a day 4 pick or a player swap (threw out Desmond King or Michael Davis, neither of whom I would be willing to trade for that kind of risk IMO)

Lions came back suggesting a mid 4th for Lamp. I'm reluctant to get rid of lamp, but I feel like I could be swayed for a 3rd rounder. That's probably where my ask would be. 

Anyone got any thoughts? I'm interested in Coutie's price.  Especially if we could ship them a kind of equal swap. 

Edited by Duffman57