FFMD ll 20’- Los Angeles Chargers Front Office

Scoundrel

@Duffman57  I know you liked McFarland but after looking at some late round guys I kind of like his partner in the Maryland backfield Javon Leake. Looks like McFarland had the large majority of carries in 18' but Leake got more opportunity in 19' nearly splitting carries fairly evenly 102-114 with Leake having more yards and better average while both ended up with 8 TDs. Leake also handled kickoff duty bringing 3 back for TDs in the last 2 seasons. He looks like a 1 cut back with pretty good vision and sneaky speed, he doesn't look like he is moving fast but he pulls away from guys. Looks like someone I'd like the Chargers to pick up late if possible. (actual draft not the mock)

1 hour ago, Zappaz said:

@Duffman57  I know you liked McFarland but after looking at some late round guys I kind of like his partner in the Maryland backfield Javon Leake. Looks like McFarland had the large majority of carries in 18' but Leake got more opportunity in 19' nearly splitting carries fairly evenly 102-114 with Leake having more yards and better average while both ended up with 8 TDs. Leake also handled kickoff duty bringing 3 back for TDs in the last 2 seasons. He looks like a 1 cut back with pretty good vision and sneaky speed, he doesn't look like he is moving fast but he pulls away from guys. Looks like someone I'd like the Chargers to pick up late if possible. (actual draft not the mock)

I can understand that stat breakdown, but McFarland barely played through the middle of the season because of a high ankle sprain he got in the 3rd game after he got done running the ball 26 times for 130 yards.  I think he had like 20 total touches over 3-4 games, and then was in and out of the lineup a lot. Leake really had 2 games where he did half of his damage, and the rest were pretty meh.  I think part of the problem is that he's one of those guys who's got really good vision and all that, but just isn't athletically gifted enough to amount to anything. You can't be a 6' 215lb back and run almost a 4.7 in the league and be a good KR guy. You have to be more explosive than that.

If we're going to go with that, I'd rather go a couple rounds higher and grab Antonio Gibson or someone like that. 

31 minutes ago, Zappaz said:

Breeland is long gone

Michael Divinity is still available... probably good value at this point

I don't like, and our scheme is very averse to very slow, unathletic LB's.  I'd rather take the dude from Kansas.....Azuka  Azul Kamara or something like that.

At this point IMO it's about guys who can play little roles, like a versatile backup OL, H back or LB who can contribute on ST's etc.  That's why I'd go with Either Kamara, Keene/Nick Ralston or Murphy.  I actually really like Marcus Bailey who's a really good coverage backer but I feel he's redundant to Vigil.

Edited by Duffman57

• 3 weeks later...