FFMD ll 20’- Los Angeles Chargers Front Office

Scoundrel

1 hour ago, PR said:

King is getting benched for Harris because his play last season. Samuel had 600 yards 6 tds while playing with 4 QBs last season is about to be in a high powered trip wr air offense. Expect him to have a career year 

Getting "benched" for Harris is a bit of a stretch.  That's like saying Samuel got benched by DJ Moore.  He underperformed but wasn't below replacement level.  He was pretty solidly average, after having 2 great years. Now they're moving him more into a honey badger/buddah baker type role since we had some S's leaving that played important spot roles on the defense, and when you have a chance to get a Chris Harris level CB for decent money you jump on it.  There's absolutely going to be times where he's in the nickel and Harris will be locked up with someone on the outside. Both are going to move around. 

I don't see another particularly interesting player on your roster to me so that's kind of where it is.  We're looking to compete now, and we don't do that by trading away good players for their lowest possible valuation. 

48 minutes ago, Duffman57 said:

Getting "benched" for Harris is a bit of a stretch.  That's like saying Samuel got benched by DJ Moore.  He underperformed but wasn't below replacement level.  He was pretty solidly average, after having 2 great years. Now they're moving him more into a honey badger/buddah baker type role since we had some S's leaving that played important spot roles on the defense, and when you have a chance to get a Chris Harris level CB for decent money you jump on it.  There's absolutely going to be times where he's in the nickel and Harris will be locked up with someone on the outside. Both are going to move around. 

I don't see another particularly interesting player on your roster to me so that's kind of where it is.  We're looking to compete now, and we don't do that by trading away good players for their lowest possible valuation. 

If you add a pick to the trade, I would consider moving him.

5 hours ago, Duffman57 said:

I'm not particularly motivated to trade him, so I'd pass if we have to add a draft pick to that, but we'll see what the others think.... @Zappaz @BoltsFan937 @ThatDiesel, thoughts?

I don't think I would want to add a pick. We are talking about a guy who was voted first team All Pro DB and second team All Pro punt returner just a year prior to his "down" year. He is moving positions slightly to fill the Phillips role which should be good for his skill set. Samuel has potential but not sure if giving up an All Pro DB for him is ideal, and definitely not including picks as well.

I’m torn. I actually like both players (King and Samuel) I floated it out there because we signed Harris and could use a third receiver. I’m intrigued by King sliding into the Phillips role, but I also think Samuel could be a nice third piece with upside to go with Keenan and Mike W.  Tough call for me, I’d probably pass and look for a complimentary receiver in the draft or FA

3 hours ago, BoltsFan937 said:

I’m torn. I actually like both players (King and Samuel) I floated it out there because we signed Harris and could use a third receiver. I’m intrigued by King sliding into the Phillips role, but I also think Samuel could be a nice third piece with upside to go with Keenan and Mike W.  Tough call for me, I’d probably pass and look for a complimentary receiver in the draft or FA

This is a WR deep class (there's still a guy I have a R2 grade on left on the board right now, to give you an example).  With all due respect to Curtis Samuel, guys with his skill-set come along multiple times in just about every draft class.  Even if King has were to have a middling season this next season, with his history of generating turnovers and his ability as a returner, he's returning at least a 4th round comp pick if he hits the open market.  Just don't see the value in it for you guys.

Speaking of that, we pick tomorrow at some point.  What's everyone thinking.

I like Rex for the pick, but would also be interested in Petrie, Yoshi or godzilla. Was hoping littlefoot26 would make it but he fell recently.

I like Rex15, 16 and 25, but could wait a round or two between 10-2 and 19-2.

9 hours ago, Duffman57 said:

I like Rex for the pick, but would also be interested in Petrie, Yoshi or godzilla. Was hoping littlefoot26 would make it but he fell recently.

I like Rex15, 16 and 25, but could wait a round or two between 10-2 and 19-2

54 minutes ago, BoltsFan937 said:
10 hours ago, Duffman57 said:

I like Rex15, 16 and 25, but could wait a round or two between 10-2 and 19-2

Would you like to add to your very informative post there? Or were you just seconding mine...lol

So with a lot of the guys at Rex now off the board here are the two guys I really like.

Reptar8 (I would jump all over him if he's there), Reptar9, Reptar14, Yoshi19 (probably my second choice), Petrie14.  Baby3 is also really intriguing despite not being the biggest need.

30 minutes ago, Duffman57 said:

So with a lot of the guys at Rex now off the board here are the two guys I really like.

Reptar8 (I would jump all over him if he's there), Reptar9, Reptar14, Yoshi19 (probably my second choice), Petrie14.  Baby3 is also really intriguing despite not being the biggest need.

Reptar14 was taken a couple days ago... he is someone I think would be a great fit too and was hoping we could get.

Reptar8 seems like a guy similar to what we have now to me.

I really like REX10-2, think he is what we could use at that position. Check out some of his film, I left his name as my rnd 5 target in the spreadsheet as well.

4 minutes ago, Zappaz said:

Reptar14 was taken a couple days ago... he is someone I think would be a great fit too and was hoping we could get.

Reptar8 seems like a guy similar to what we have now to me.

I really like REX10-2, think he is what we could use at that position. Check out some of his film, I left his name as my rnd 5 target in the spreadsheet as well.

I don't think that's a bad thing....lol.

I don't think we need the specific type of player your thinking of, just another person to take snaps at the position.  I think both of these guys can do everything you need. I'm also insanely high on this guy, and think he's a starter in this league.