FFMD ll 20’- Los Angeles Rams Front Office

Scoundrel

On 3/31/2020 at 1:34 PM, Counselor said:

I will be the Gm of your Rams. Although I live about 20 miles from the stadium I can tell you I don’t know much about your needs. So if I mess things up I apologize. You can always shoot me a PM or post your thoughts here about needs and player fits and interests. Thank you.

Top needs are:

1. ILB

2. Interior OL

3. EDGE

4. HB

5. Depth and Projects at WR, TE, DB

Going a little deeper, at ILB, I would expect us to look for somebody with speed, coverage ability, and range. I would expect Kiser to be the thumper. On the interior OL, we run a ZBS, so we like athletic, intelligent OLs. It would also be nice to have a good run blocker. Our draft pick could be an OG or a C. With our EDGE, he should have some ability to drop into coverage (even if it's only minimal). We will likely run a variant of the Fangio 3-4. At HB, look for somebody who can run, catch, and pass block effectively. Versatility is important in this scheme. We run a ZBS that uses both inside and outside zone.

But I would say to focus on value. Don't try to force need picks. You have a good eye for talent. To give you some idea of guys I think fit our scheme, we have:

Zack Baun EDGE/ILB

Zack Moss HB

J.K. Dobbins HB

Akeem Davis-Gaither ILB

Josh Uche EDGE

Troy Dye ILB

Tyler Biadasz C

Cesar Ruiz C

Lloyd Cushenberry C

Matt Hennessy C

Nick Harris C

Robert Hunt OG

Eno Benjamin HB

Lamical Perine HB

Jon Greenard EDGE

Jabari Zuniga EDGE

Anfernee Jennings EDGE

Davion Taylor ILB

Jordan Brooks ILB

Darrell Taylor EDGE

This list isn't meant to be exhaustive. Just to give you a feel for what sort of players we might want.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

So pick is later tonight? Do you have an idea who you’re looking at? Any trade offers on the table?

Honestly since I’m doing it solo I haven’t explored any trades. Just was going to pick. Any ideas who you would want that’s on the board?

42 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Honestly since I’m doing it solo I haven’t explored any trades. Just was going to pick. Any ideas who you would want that’s on the board?

Value meeting need, the ones that stand out to me are Baun, Okwara, Uche, Cushenberry, and Biadasz.  I like the Brooks fit, but it really comes down to where you value him because I've seen people all over Day 2 and early Day 3 on him as far as projections; I'm also a not-so-closeted Logan Wilson supporter and love his fit here.  Not sure about how folks feel about him in the 2nd (most will probably feels it's too high), but I question whether or not he'd make it to our natural 3rd (in the real draft at least), so who really knows with FFMD.  Really my biggest con on Wilson is that he may be closer to what we already have than what Snead/Staley have been taking visits with IRL.  I think his athleticism shows up on tape (granted, it's Wyoming so the tape is limited and the level of competition needs to be taken into account), but he's not Davis-Gaither type athletic.

4 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Value meeting need, the ones that stand out to me are Baun, Uche, Cushenberry, and Biadasz.  I like the Brooks fit, but it really comes down to where you value him because I've seen people all over Day 2 and early Day 3 on him as far as projections; I'm also a not-so-closeted Logan Wilson supporter and love his fit here.  Not sure about how folks feel about him in the 2nd (most will probably feels it's too high), but I question whether or not he'd make it to our natural 3rd (in the real draft at least), so who really knows with FFMD.

Big Wilson fan myself

Just now, Counselor said:

Big Wilson fan myself

I think you're similar to me in being an "instincts make the spine (LB/S) player" guys.  I'll curve the grade in favor of guys who show plus instincts, which is what I admittedly do with Wilson.

• Like 1

Just now, The LBC said:

I think you're similar to me in being an "instincts make the spine (LB/S) player" guys.  I'll curve the grade in favor of guys who show plus instincts, which is what I admittedly do with Wilson.

10 interceptions in 4 seasons at ILB is an incredible feel in coverage. He also has the size and athleticism to match. The only thing being he will be 24 in July.

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

10 interceptions in 4 seasons at ILB is an incredible feel in coverage. He also has the size and athleticism to match. The only thing being he will be 24 in July.

It's a tick against what the ideal would be, but I typically don't sweat age as much one guys who don't require a ton of development and are plug and play.  If, with that age, comes maturity and leadership, it kind of balances out for a team with an open window, as opposed to one trying to open up their window.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

It's a tick against what the ideal would be, but I typically don't sweat age as much one guys who don't require a ton of development and are plug and play.  If, with that age, comes maturity and leadership, it kind of balances out for a team with an open window, as opposed to one trying to open up their window.

Yeah that makes sense