Jump to content

FFMD ll 20’- Los Angeles Rams Front Office


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I’m going to pick Hennessy

Had this been Biadasz, who would have been who I advocated for had he not been snatched up just a couple picks ago, I know @jrry32 would have been absolutely on board because this is where he's had us taking him in his most recent mock.  He has Hennessy right behind TB though, so I don't think he'll mind this.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The LBC said:

Had this been Biadasz, who would have been who I advocated for had he not been snatched up just a couple picks ago, I know @jrry32 would have been absolutely on board because this is where he's had us taking him in his most recent mock.  He has Hennessy right behind TB though, so I don't think he'll mind this.

I think you guys should take over picking lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I think you guys should take over picking lol

I can't be depended on to be online.  As is, I've been holding a toddler in two of the last four Zoom conferences I've had to be in.  During at least one of the other two, it's probably a good thing I had the laptop up on the kitchen table counter because the boy was running around in only a diaper and Wellies.. and still dancing to the music on the TV even though it was muted.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Counselor said:

I’m going to pick Hennessy

Hennessy would have been my pick. I'm very happy with it. I have him rated above Cushenberry and Ruiz.

3 hours ago, Counselor said:

I think you guys should take over picking lol

Would have if I could. I'm trying to balance full-time work with bar prep. It's not fun.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@jrry32 @Counselor not that I'd be advocating him at this next pick (hell, since I'm not even sure I've seen him mentioned but a few scant occasions by the FF draft community, he could likely easily be had on Day 3, but have either of you done any scouting on the Temple ILB, not Chapelle Russell, I'm talking about Shaun Bradley.  I actually like Russell too, but he's considerably more of a project because of some burrs in his pass-defending range (though he's the guy among Temple's LBs with the more preferable size).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, The LBC said:

@jrry32 @Counselor not that I'd be advocating him at this next pick (hell, since I'm not even sure I've seen him mentioned but a few scant occasions by the FF draft community, he could likely easily be had on Day 3, but have either of you done any scouting on the Temple ILB, not Chapelle Russell, I'm talking about Shaun Bradley.  I actually like Russell too, but he's considerably more of a project because of some burrs in his pass-defending range (though he's the guy among Temple's LBs with the more preferable size).

No, he's on my list.

Edited by jrry32
Link to post
Share on other sites

Since other GM's in the draft thread refuse to consistently post overall draft pick numbers, it's next to impossible for me to figure out where we are in the timing/picking order.

Seeing Tyler Johnson go, I know, is a blow the jrry.  I do still have one other receiver with a R2 grade on him and there are also guys like VJ and Duvernay who fit well into our offensive scheme.  

I don't know that we have pressing needs at this point (outside of ST's: kicker, returner), so much as opportunities for guy to push/outshine some of the current roster.  Maybe a versatile safety to replace Christian.  Value (though with us not having a 5th, I don't know that I'd advocate for doing it in the 4th) would make a case to grab at a QB2 here as someone who McVay's system would fit and make look better than he probably is (thus either giving us a highly dependable backup or a viable future trade-chip).  I also wouldn't be afraid to try and push Troy Hill or, at minimum, any of our potential CB4's (none of which were drafted by this FO originally) for their spots.  I've got a couple CB's that, IMO fit the scheme really well that I've got R4 grades on and a couple guys that I have graded a R3/4 types.  All still on the board.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The LBC said:

Since other GM's in the draft thread refuse to consistently post overall draft pick numbers, it's next to impossible for me to figure out where we are in the timing/picking order.

Seeing Tyler Johnson go, I know, is a blow the jrry.  I do still have one other receiver with a R2 grade on him and there are also guys like VJ and Duvernay who fit well into our offensive scheme.  

I don't know that we have pressing needs at this point (outside of ST's: kicker, returner), so much as opportunities for guy to push/outshine some of the current roster.  Maybe a versatile safety to replace Christian.  Value (though with us not having a 5th, I don't know that I'd advocate for doing it in the 4th) would make a case to grab at a QB2 here as someone who McVay's system would fit and make look better than he probably is (thus either giving us a highly dependable backup or a viable future trade-chip).  I also wouldn't be afraid to try and push Troy Hill or, at minimum, any of our potential CB4's (none of which were drafted by this FO originally) for their spots.  I've got a couple CB's that, IMO fit the scheme really well that I've got R4 grades on and a couple guys that I have graded a R3/4 types.  All still on the board.

It looks like we traded up for ADG. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So with the pick that's supposed to be OTC fairly quickly, what are we thinking?

Thus far, we've got Dobbins, Hennessey, ADG, and Weaver brought in.

My leaning would be either WR (swing for the fences if that's the case, Cephus is gone, but Kirk Merritt is still there) or DB (Antoine Brooks is a guy who could take up snaps vacated by both NRC and Christian, while giving the versatility to cover for either JJJ or Rapp if either were to miss time for injury).

Other option is taking a ceiling-prospect at EDGE like Betiku (was actually the guy who was #2 in sacks in the B10 behind Chase Young, IIRC), Bryce Huff (though we could likely get him as a UDFA).

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The LBC said:

So with the pick that's supposed to be OTC fairly quickly, what are we thinking?

Thus far, we've got Dobbins, Hennessey, ADG, and Weaver brought in.

My leaning would be either WR (swing for the fences if that's the case, Cephus is gone, but Kirk Merritt is still there) or DB (Antoine Brooks is a guy who could take up snaps vacated by both NRC and Christian, while giving the versatility to cover for either JJJ or Rapp if either were to miss time for injury).

Other option is taking a ceiling-prospect at EDGE like Betiku (was actually the guy who was #2 in sacks in the B10 behind Chase Young, IIRC), Bryce Huff (though we could likely get him as a UDFA).

Or Counselor scatter-shotted the hell out of ILB's, so we should at least be able to come out of this draft with a solid corps... longevity may just be a question.  Because I believe @jrry32 and I (and the team IRL as well) were projecting ADG to play ILB, not OLB/EDGE.  So with him, Kiser, Reeder, Weaver, and now Shaun Bradley there, I'd say we're probably set.

Let's all gather in a prayer circle that Blankenship lasts to our pick in the 7th.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The LBC said:

Or Counselor scatter-shotted the hell out of ILB's, so we should at least be able to come out of this draft with a solid corps... longevity may just be a question.  Because I believe @jrry32 and I (and the team IRL as well) were projecting ADG to play ILB, not OLB/EDGE.  So with him, Kiser, Reeder, Weaver, and now Shaun Bradley there, I'd say we're probably set.

Let's all gather in a prayer circle that Blankenship lasts to our pick in the 7th.

Feel free to make the last pick

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...