FFMD ll 20’- San Francisco 49ers Front Office

Scoundrel

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

yeah, it is really hard to let go of that 2nd and then sit there for literally 80 picks when we need young talent on this team

Yeah gap between your second and third is already pretty high. Really was kind of the only deal that would make sense for both sides.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

I probably put Chaisson there too for other teams just doesn't fit what we want at edge i feel. 

Chaisson is going to bust super hard in the NFL imo 

Going to get overpowered on the next level. I just don't think he has many other moves besides running the arc 

He's a 2nd/3rd round prospect in my eyes 

Just now, N4L said:

Chaisson is going to bust super hard in the NFL imo 

Going to get overpowered on the next level. I just don't think he has many other moves besides running the arc 

He's a 2nd/3rd round prospect in my eyes 

Honestly depends on what team drafts him and what they want him to do. He isn't a pure edge at the next level. I think his best fit probably is a Off-ball lineback that can blitz and plays some downs on the edge. If he gets in the hands of say a Bill Belichik he will be great.

Just now, Justone2 said:

Honestly depends on what team drafts him and what they want him to do. He isn't a pure edge at the next level. I think his best fit probably is a Off-ball lineback that can blitz and plays some downs on the edge. If he gets in the hands of say a Bill Belichik he will be great.

Even in that scenario I see him as a role player. He's a good athlete but he's light and will get overpowered imo 

Young though, could add to his frame. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Side note...I missed a good chunk of work productivity because of this

WHAT YEAR IS IT

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Whatcha thinking at 31? 

Have a guy i really hope falls to 31 that would fix one of our remaining holes at a different way than most would go i think.

Just now, N4L said:

Even in that scenario I see him as a role player. He's a good athlete but he's light and will get overpowered imo 

Young though, could add to his frame. 

WHAT YEAR IS IT

Yeah its a pick you make banking on upside for sure. He isn't a day one sure fire difference maker but thise edge class isn't really going to wow anybody so do you bank on the upside of Chaisson or go with a guy with a higher floor but probably lower ceiling. Chaisson can end up being a true stud or he could be a bust thats for sure.

Also, really not keen on trading down from 31 unless it's a very short drop (like the spots for a late 4 / early 5 where I'm happy with enough players to cover the difference) or a good drop from 31 to like 43 for a third

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Also, really not keen on trading down from 31 unless it's a very short drop (like the spots for a late 4 / early 5 where I'm happy with enough players to cover the difference) or a good drop from 31 to like 43 for a third

Yeah will really depend on how the picks will go. Honestly i am always open to trade down unless you are absolutely set on a guy. And really trading down for me for the most part is making those small jumps and adding some extra or better picks in the process. For example in the TCMD i ended up trading down twice from 31 because we didn't have 13 yet and with what i had done in FA i was pretty much set on grabbing Ashtyn Davis as my first pick. Gave me a bunch of 4ths/5ths to play with later.

Edited by Justone2

I told tampa we might be interested in trading down considering they have three 2s now. asked if they wanted a corner potentially. They said no because they have three young promising ones. I disagree. Asked about a S and got no response.

stfwiw