FFMD ll 20’- San Francisco 49ers Front Office

Scoundrel

33 minutes ago, Forge said:

Fwiw, we all agree he looks more like a tackle than guard. It may not work at guard. But we have tackle issues on the horizon, so it's still a reasonable selection. 

He is mobile, comes from an offense that runs zone concepts, and does have history at guard and center. 

It was very difficult to see a good fit at guard for this scheme with the best available

Was Lewis available? His teammate gets most of the love, but Lewis was really solid at the senior bowl practices and would be a good pick around this range.

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Was Lewis available? His teammate gets most of the love, but Lewis was really solid at the senior bowl practices and would be a good pick around this range.

He was, and he was discussed. Had we gone true guard, he likely would have been the pick. It was him or Jackson. But he's a refrigerator with legs. A little heavy footed, thick. We didn't love the fit for either. So we had to decide on talent v fit for guard. We talked a lot about this pick. More than any other by far lol. The position gave us fits. Especially since we didn't think anyone could fine in and  start anyway

Eventually we decided on value and bypassed guard. Peart is good value here, and we will need a tackle and if we get lucky, he can play done interior. 

This was probably the most divided we were on a pick, tbh. We didn't love anyone. Some that we did we didn't love the value at the spot. It was a tough selection

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

He was, and he was discussed. Had we gone true guard, he likely would have been the pick. It was him or Jackson. But he's a refrigerator with legs. A little heavy footed, thick. We didn't love the fit for either. So we had to decide on talent v fit for guard. We talked a lot about this pick. More than any other by far lol. The position gave us fits. Especially since we didn't think anyone could fine in and  start anyway

Eventually we decided on value and bypassed guard. Peart is good value here, and we will need a tackle and if we get lucky, he can play done interior. 

This was probably the most divided we were on a pick, tbh. We didn't love anyone. Some that we did we didn't love the value at the spot. It was a tough selection

To add to this, we had a deal in place since basically mid-way through the second round to trade down from 95. That was plan A. The deal fell apart. Like you said, we didn't love anyone here 

We felt Peart was a very good scheme fit for us. Someone that would allow brunskill to focus on G full time. He definitely could start at T in 2021 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Forge said:

I think that Jonah Jackson would have been my pick there - he’s a solid pass protector for a guard - but I like Peart as a developmental prospect. He knows the system as a run blocker and has some of the very longest arms in the class. 

Also, terrific job so far. I’d be absurdly happy if the 49ers pull back anything like this haul. I had both Jaylon Johnson and Jordan Elliott as a late first/early second kind of talents. To get them both and Ruggs is a steal. I personally might have ended up with just Jeudy and Epenesa - I like them too much to trade out when they are on the board or trade them directly - and that return is less than what you have collected. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

I think that Jonah Jackson would have been my pick there - he’s a solid pass protector for a guard - but I like Peart as a developmental prospect. He knows the system as a run blocker and has some of the very longest arms in the class. 

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

Also, terrific job so far. I’d be absurdly happy if the 49ers pull back anything like this haul. I had both Jaylon Johnson and Jordan Elliott as a late first/early second kind of talents. To get them both and Ruggs is a steal. I personally might have ended up with just Jeudy and Epenesa - I like them too much to trade out when they are on the board or trade them directly - and that return is less than what you have collected. 

I like Jackson if you purely talk about pass blocking which to be fair is where our line could get better. In the run game which is a big part of a Shanahan offense i don't think he fits all that well. With Peart we have a guy that probably doesn't contribute much year one(altough Staley has been having injuries the past few years that has made him miss games) but he has the tools to be Staleys replacement next year.

The Broncos trade is one i am still standing pretty strongly. I am not the biggest Jeudy(think he will be good year one but never really take that next step) fan in the world. In the first place i think we mostly took that trade to look to move down again which there was some interest just didn't end up happening. I think Ruggs is almost as if you gave Shanahan some clay to make his ultimate speed receiver. The guy is a legit football player with top track speed and at Alabama wasn't only asked to run go routes so he already has some versatility which coupled with Deebo makes for a duo i think can be truly special.

With Epenesa i love him both as a player and as a fit for the role we envisioned for him. However i feel this one we may have got caught up a little by wantingo to move down. In the end i like the deal because it allowed us to grab both Johnson and Elliott and we added Jackson(who i had as a 2/3rd rounder last year. Hasn't played much but being behind Quinn and Lawrence i don't think that is that strange for a guy that had some things to work on. Also we swapped Pettis who would have had a hard time making the roster for Canady who i really think can play both as a big slot corner or on the boundary. And we still have a pick to make from that trade. 

We would have had a pick today but after some consideration we decided to be open to trading. Ended up accepting a deal from the Dolphins which got us two 5ths which leaves us with the following picks to go:

5th Rnd - Pick 9 | Overall: 155 | San Francisco 49ers
5th Rnd - Pick 28 | Overall: 174 | San Francisco 49ers
6th Rnd - Pick 22 | Overall: 202 | San Francisco 49ers
6th Rnd - Pick 31 | Overall: 211 | San Francisco 49ers
7th Rnd - Pick 3 | Overall: 218 | San Francisco 49ers
7th Rnd - Pick 31 | Overall: 246 | San Francisco 49ers

3 hours ago, Forge said:

With the 155th pick in the draft, the 49ers select, Darrynton Evans, RB, Appalachian State

I really like Evans in a Kyle offense. The guy is explosive. He is very good at putting his foot in the ground and accelerating another direction very quickly. He seems to speed up when he turns upfield, that's a huge plus in this offense. 

Hes a good athlete. Built better than other guys with his speed. Thick torso and arms. I think he is going to continue to get stronger. 

They didn't throw the ball to him very much but he made the most out of it when they did. I think he will instantly be the best receiving back we have on the roster. I am tempted to get him to try and run some deep routes out of the slot. The guy can fly and will outrun safeties all day long. 

He is not a finished product. His best football is ahead of him, I think. 

I also really like him as a KR. Hes going to do very well when he actually gets a chance to return a few. 

You could do so many things with ruggs, deebo, evans, kittle, hurd on the field at the same time. Any of those except for maybe ruggs could line up in the backfield and get a carry up the A gap lol it would be like the warriors death lineup (kinda)

And finally my thoughts about Evans. He isn't my favourite runner remaining on the board but as a scheme fit i think he was by far the best remaining option for the outside zone scheme. He reminds me of Coleman a lot but more early Coleman who had a little more juice then he has now. He gets whats blocked and can make guys miss just by pure speed. Doesn't make many guys miss of breaks tackles which is fine as long as you can keep him somewhat clean and let him just use his speed.

With the 174th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft,

The San Francisco 49ers select: 

The man with the best moustache and hearcut in the entire draft

Pre Florida State interview with Boise State offensive lineman ...

John Molchon, OG, Boise State

Molchon is added depth at OG where he will battle with Tom Compton to be the back-up for Brunskill and Tomlinson. If he impresses he might even push one of them.

• Like 1