FFMD ll 20’- San Francisco 49ers Front Office

Scoundrel

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

I mostly don't understand the infatuation with Brown in general.

Oh, he's a stud. I'm not sure why people are down on him. Dude would have been a first round pick last year and nobody would have batted an eyelash. I think people are disregarding him because he's not the shiny new toy. He creates a lot of pressure, but doesn't get a ton of sacks. It's like Buckner from 3 years ago. That still has a ton of value, and he can hold up immediately in the NFL I think. 

His tape is better than Kinlaw's, quite frankly. Kinlaw just has the bonus of having murdered the senior bowl, which gives a lot of coverage. 

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Oh, he's a stud. I'm not sure why people are down on him. Dude would have been a first round pick last year and nobody would have batted an eyelash. I think people are disregarding him because he's not the shiny new toy. He creates a lot of pressure, but doesn't get a ton of sacks. It's like Buckner from 3 years ago. That still has a ton of value, and he can hold up immediately in the NFL I think. 

His tape is better than Kinlaw's, quite frankly. Kinlaw just has the bonus of having murdered the senior bowl, which gives a lot of coverage. 

I feel the problem i have with Brown is that he is more of a run stopper than he is an pass rusher and in todays NFL being stronger against the run than the pass isn't worth a top 10 pick. To me he is more DJ Jones then he is Buckner. 

Tristan Wirfs is off to the Cardinals.

Edited by Justone2

6 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

I feel the problem i have with Brown is that he is more of a run stopper than he is an pass rusher and in todays NFL being stronger against the run than the pass isn't worth a top 10 pick. To me he is more DJ Jones then he is Buckner. 

Oh fore sure he's going to be better against the run then he is as a pass rusher to start off. I feel like people just act like he has no pass rushing ability whatsoever because he didn't land a bunch of sacks, which I dont' think is an accurate representation. Guys like that simply don't get a ton of sack in college. Hell, look at Kinlaw. It's not like he was racking it up. These guys are always a question about whether or not they can develop that part of their game. 

Daron Payne is a perfect example. Dude had fewer sacks in his college career than Brown had just last year, came in his rookie season and put up 5. Wasn't great last year, but there were other issues there. If a guy like Payne or Brown is getting you 5-6 sacks with as big as they are, I thikn that is when they become worth that type of pick. 

2 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Have an offer from the Broncos:

#15 and #95 for #13 and #176/177. 

Slightly in their favour but with all the OT's gone i would take at 13 could be worth it to trade up from bottom 5th to bottom 3rd.

@Forge @J-ALL-DAY @49erurtaza @oldman9er @Chrissooner49er @y2lamanaki @NinerNation21 @MSUspartanz

Can we have 237? 

Just now, Forge said:

Oh fore sure he's going to be better against the run then he is as a pass rusher to start off. I feel like people just act like he has no pass rushing ability whatsoever because he didn't land a bunch of sacks, which I dont' think is an accurate representation. Guys like that simply don't get a ton of sack in college. Hell, look at Kinlaw. It's not like he was racking it up. These guys are always a question about whether or not they can develop that part of their game. 

Daron Payne is a perfect example. Dude had fewer sacks in his college career than Brown had just last year, came in his rookie season and put up 5. Wasn't great last year, but there were other issues there. If a guy like Payne or Brown is getting you 5-6 sacks with as big as they are, I thikn that is when they become worth that type of pick. 

I think guys like Brown get sacks if you play them sparingly and keep them from getting gassed. He isn't a 3 down player with the way he is build right now if you want them to have value as a pass rusher. Will he get some sacks yeah offcourse because the guy can wreck O-lineman but i feel if he goes against NFL-level lineman he is going to gas. I think Brown is a top 15 player but for a top-10 pick i want more than being a good run stopper and getting 5 sacks.

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

Believe the closest pick to that they have is 255.

I'd take it the deal. We want the extra pick, and they have a small advantage on the old TVC, we have an advantage on the Rich Hill updated version, so to me that means it's a fair trade. 

Just now, Forge said:

I'd take it the deal. We want the extra pick, and they have a small advantage on the old TVC, we have an advantage on the Rich Hill updated version, so to me that means it's a fair trade. 

With 255 added or would you also take it withour?

Just now, N4L said:

they cant stop the run. They get bullied up the middle. 

No, i get the fit. I don't understand the infatuation with prioritizing that lol. 

Thats a team with a lot of issues. Maybe it's just the class of prospects. Still, I think I would prefer offensive line even still for them.