FFMD II New England Patriots Front Office

EaglesPeteC

@Greene N White

Greetings from the Land that Belichick departed and left broken -- Cleveland, Ohio.

We seek to move up from 91 to your selection at 87.

Some things we have to offer are the following, but am definitely open to hearing your ideas for a fair trade.

Te'von Coney LB acquired via trade (some compared him to Kyle Van Noy coming out of BYU), a pick Swap in the 5th, and/or a 7th round pick.

Edited by Mind Character

• 3 weeks later...

I’m optimistic that this year’s draft will pan out and the Patriots will hit on most picks, but it’s not easy to keep the optimism. It was all over the radio and web this weekend that ZERO Patriots draft picks over the last five years have made the pro bowl. Zero. 

Any other GM would have lost his job, so I can’t help but be a little nervous 

2 hours ago, rfournier103 said:

I’m optimistic that this year’s draft will pan out and the Patriots will hit on most picks, but it’s not easy to keep the optimism. It was all over the radio and web this weekend that ZERO Patriots draft picks over the last five years have made the pro bowl. Zero. 

Any other GM would have lost his job, so I can’t help but be a little nervous 

His drafting has been really poor the last couple of years. And the reality is that without a great QB he will need to hit on those picks or he will be gone. Because you can't win without talent and all the Hightowers, Edelmans and McCourtys will be gone in 1-2 years. The Kraft family won't accept losing seasons so Belichick would probably just 'retire'. He probably wouldn't want to coach a bad team at his age anyway.

So it's really easy. You hit on the picks and you are likely a good team again in 2021 or 2022. If you still miss this year and next year you are likely looking at a completely new GM, coach, everything.

• Like 1