FFMD II '20 - Baltimore Ravens Front Office - Draft completed!

ny92mike

1 hour ago, baltimoreRebel said:

With the 28th Pick in the NFL Draft

Our Baltimore Ravens have selected:

Zack Baun - OLB, Wisconsin 

Well that’s who I would have taken anyway. Don’t particularly find it close. Well it is, but from an athletic standpoint, I have serious questions with Epenesa. He could be great, but he could be a huge disappointment. I would prefer guys like Justin Madubuike to him.

Baun however can play LB for us as well as pass rush. He’s a versatile piece. Would’ve gone with him or Winfield Jr. and Baun would’ve easily been my #1 there though.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Well that’s who I would have taken anyway. Don’t particularly find it close. Well it is, but from an athletic standpoint, I have serious questions with Epenesa. He could be great, but he could be a huge disappointment. I would prefer guys like Justin Madubuike to him.

Baun however can play LB for us as well as pass rush. He’s a versatile piece. Would’ve gone with him or Winfield Jr. and Baun would’ve easily been my #1 there though.

Winfield Jr was chosen the pick prior, or two picks prior maybe. 

I looked at a lot of tape on both guys. For the actual draft and some for this one. Epenesa shows some flashes but Baun to me is wayore well rounded and can do more for us. I'm happy with the pick. Gave serious consideration Cesar Ruiz. The potential of a dynamic player like Baun outweighed the need for interior O. 

Hey gentlemen.

I saw Judon mentioned in the discussion thread. I'm trying to see if our guys have an interest, and I'd like to gauge where you feel his value lies. We've got pick #85 that I think our guys might consider in such a deal. (My guys are treating these 3rd round picks like gold - understandably - but Judon is a really nice player. I've gotta be honest: I don't think I could put #67 into the deal, unless, of course, we had a pick coming back.)

I appreciate your time.

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Hey gentlemen.

I saw Judon mentioned in the discussion thread. I'm trying to see if our guys have an interest, and I'd like to gauge where you feel his value lies. We've got pick #85 that I think our guys might consider in such a deal. (My guys are treating these 3rd round picks like gold - understandably - but Judon is a really nice player. I've gotta be honest: I don't think I could put #67 into the deal, unless, of course, we had a pick coming back.)

I appreciate your time.

DM'd you. 

55 minutes ago, drd23 said:

From a realism/cap standpoint trading Judon would make sense (the cap freed up by trading Judon is where Watkins' cap hit goes), but I'd find it tough trading Judon for just a 3rd

Not comfortable with that unless it's an early 3rd. Chances are we hold onto him. 

In easily comfortable with the 3rd round pick. Between Bowser and Baun I would feel comfortable moving forward considering our DL upfront with Campbell, Williams, and Wolfe.

That and after a year do we seriously think we resign Judon? I don’t. And is there a guarantee that he nets us a 3rd round comp? Not really. Theres the possibility that we get a 4th only. So sure we lose a year of his play and what we know he brings to the position, but we gain a guaranteed improvement over a 3rd round comp and a much better improvement over a 4th round comp. I think the value of very late 4th to mid 3rd AND the cap space freed would be significant enough to make up for losing his play.

Now would an early 3rd be better? Sure, but perhaps a midpoint might be securing the early 3rd and sending a 4th while getting back a 5th from them. Not sure what that adds up to exactly, but if it’s close to the value of pick 85... it would allow us to get a higher pick to potentially be used with addressing our needs (perhaps IOL) with a more pro ready prospect, while providing our trade partner with the requisite pick value to feel comfortable moving forward.

Lastly I think this deal is something that has a quality amount of realism to it. I mean if any of us saw this deal go through IRL would we be shocked if DeCosta let Judon go for a 3rd? If he did it I’m sure we would all be fired up thinking “he’s probably got a player already in mind for this pick.” 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

In easily comfortable with the 3rd round pick. Between Bowser and Baun I would feel comfortable moving forward considering our DL upfront with Campbell, Williams, and Wolfe.

That and after a year do we seriously think we resign Judon? I don’t. And is there a guarantee that he nets us a 3rd round comp? Not really. Theres the possibility that we get a 4th only. So sure we lose a year of his play and what we know he brings to the position, but we gain a guaranteed improvement over a 3rd round comp and a much better improvement over a 4th round comp. I think the value of very late 4th to mid 3rd AND the cap space freed would be significant enough to make up for losing his play.

Now would an early 3rd be better? Sure, but perhaps a midpoint might be securing the early 3rd and sending a 4th while getting back a 5th from them. Not sure what that adds up to exactly, but if it’s close to the value of pick 85... it would allow us to get a higher pick to potentially be used with addressing our needs (perhaps IOL) with a more pro ready prospect, while providing our trade partner with the requisite pick value to feel comfortable moving forward.

Lastly I think this deal is something that has a quality amount of realism to it. I mean if any of us saw this deal go through IRL would we be shocked if DeCosta let Judon go for a 3rd? If he did it I’m sure we would all be fired up thinking “he’s probably got a player already in mind for this pick.” 

If I could replace Judon in free agency immediately, I'd probably make the deal. I'd sign a Clay Mathews or maybe even bring back Mcphee  (I know, durability issues) or maybe even Sizzle. Letting him go creates the cap, sure but then I'd just have to use my imagination of who we'd sign. 

You do raise some very good points though. 

15 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Hey gentlemen.

I appreciate your time.

67 + 109 = 331

Judon + 170(5th) 22 points 

Value = 59th overall 

This trade gives Judon late second value. I’m not the GM of this, but that’s pretty fair for both sides. Lions could use the boost at pass rush and Ravens get to move the cap for Watkins. 

@baltimoreRebel just and idea

Edited by ravens5520