FFMD II '20 - Baltimore Ravens Front Office - Draft completed!

ny92mike

Final breakdown of our 8 picks  

#28 - Zack Baun - OLB

#54 - Lloyd Cushenberry - C/OG

#63 - Malik Harrison - ILB 

#76 - Lynn Bowden Jr. - WR

#85 - Raekwon Davis - DE

#113 - Khalid Kareem - EDGE

#129 - Brandon Jones - S

#226 - Graylon Arnold - CB

This completes our draft. 

Edited by baltimoreRebel
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

I honestly haven’t been following this much since I thought Brandon Jones was taken in the 7th until I saw some new activity here today.

My bad.  I was trying to not confuse people by just writing "2nd round", "3rd round" etc because we had multiple picks in each of those rounds, but obviously it created a different sort of confusion.

I was actually going to change the title the day after we took Jones, but then forgot because I didn't actually think it would keep going to pick 226 (as FFMD never seemed to make it through the 5th round before)

• Like 1

Not a bad haul overall.

We'd probably need to sign a a couple of cheap vets to fill out the roster (at TE and DL at a minimum), but I'd be pretty happy going into next season with the roster looking like it does in the OP

After this draft I think the defense is set. We have Raekwon Davis who is versatile and can plat every position in the 34 as he’s done for Alabama. We have last years draft pick Daylon Mack as additional depth along the DL plus starters Campbell, Williams, and Wolfe. Beyond that Khalid Kareem I’m not a huge fan of but he can play/develop in that hybrid edge/5-tech role similar to what we’ve seen from Pernell McPhee and Zardarius Smith in years past.

We’ve got depth for our outside corners with Jimmy Smith and depth for Tavon Young with Graylond Arnold. We picked up an additional safety to play behind Deshaun Elliot.

Then at LB you’ve got Zack Baun who was one of the best zone dropping coverage LBs in college football and combines that with being the second best (age not factored) pass rushing edge/LB I’ve seen in this years class behind (I should note far behind) Chase Young.

Then add the best thumping ILB in the class with Malik Harrison, who also has elite movement/explosion skills for his size and that side of the ball is for sure set.

On offense however? That’s my only concern. Cushenberry should do well in recovering some of the value lost by Yanda along the inside whether he plays center or LG. Beyond that though I don’t think we were able to confidently address the area for added weapons. This offense would largely be reliant on Lamar to be as overall dominant as he was in 2019 along the ground and air IMO or for Miles Boykin to step up in a big way. I’m not particularly confident in Bowden having anything more than a gimmick impact and with Boykin I’m not confident that he can step up and become that WR we hope for as a serious playmaking threat. We’re also down Hurst so we’re essentially trading Bowden Jr for Hayden Hurst within our offense, making it at best similarly explosive but less versatile.

50 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

After this draft I think the defense is set. We have Raekwon Davis who is versatile and can plat every position in the 34 as he’s done for Alabama. We have last years draft pick Daylon Mack as additional depth along the DL plus starters Campbell, Williams, and Wolfe. Beyond that Khalid Kareem I’m not a huge fan of but he can play/develop in that hybrid edge/5-tech role similar to what we’ve seen from Pernell McPhee and Zardarius Smith in years past.

We’ve got depth for our outside corners with Jimmy Smith and depth for Tavon Young with Graylond Arnold. We picked up an additional safety to play behind Deshaun Elliot.

Then at LB you’ve got Zack Baun who was one of the best zone dropping coverage LBs in college football and combines that with being the second best (age not factored) pass rushing edge/LB I’ve seen in this years class behind (I should note far behind) Chase Young.

Then add the best thumping ILB in the class with Malik Harrison, who also has elite movement/explosion skills for his size and that side of the ball is for sure set.

On offense however? That’s my only concern. Cushenberry should do well in recovering some of the value lost by Yanda along the inside whether he plays center or LG. Beyond that though I don’t think we were able to confidently address the area for added weapons. This offense would largely be reliant on Lamar to be as overall dominant as he was in 2019 along the ground and air IMO or for Miles Boykin to step up in a big way. I’m not particularly confident in Bowden having anything more than a gimmick impact and with Boykin I’m not confident that he can step up and become that WR we hope for as a serious playmaking threat. We’re also down Hurst so we’re essentially trading Bowden Jr for Hayden Hurst within our offense, making it at best similarly explosive but less versatile.

My thought process was go heavy on the Defense this year and it allows us to go heavy in offense next year as I see D as a more pressing need.

You're forgetting one key addition though. 

We traded a 3rd and swapped 2 rounders with KC for Sammy Watkins. The offense would look as such. 

Lamar

Ingram - Gus - Hill

Watkins - Hollywood - Boykin - Snead - Bowden 

Mandrews - Boyle

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baltimoreRebel said:

My thought process was go heavy on the Defense this year and it allows us to go heavy in offense next year as I see D as a more pressing need.

You're forgetting one key addition though. 

We traded a 3rd and swapped 2 rounders with KC for Sammy Watkins. The offense would look as such. 

Lamar

Ingram - Gus - Hill

Watkins - Hollywood - Boykin - Snead - Bowden 

Mandrews - Boyle

I honestly did forget about Sammy Watkins to be quite honest. That does make me feel better about our offense then as he upgrades Hurst.

For some reason I thought I was conflating that with @ravens5520 mock from a few weeks ago. So yeah on that front excellent value.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...