FFMD II '20 - Baltimore Ravens Front Office - Draft completed!

ny92mike

Realistically I don't think we'd trade any of them but it can't hurt to see what offers they may bring.

I doubt I'll be around for our 1st pick given it goes OTC at 3:20am on Sunday here, but I'll try to leave a big board before then

1 minute ago, drd23 said:

Realistically I don't think we'd trade any of them but it can't hurt to see what offers they may bring.

I doubt I'll be around for our 1st pick given it goes OTC at 3:20am on Sunday here, but I'll try to leave a big board before then

Agreed, I got some feelers for who I suspected I would. Gus Edwards. It would have to be a great deal to make it work though. Having discussions with 2 teams about potentially moving him for picks.

What would you consider ideal compensation for him? 

1 hour ago, drd23 said:

4th at the absolute minimum, most like a 3rd probably, because we'd have to replace him this draft with someone like AJ Dillon 

Yep. Too valuable on a UDFA minimum deal. Next offseason on tender would be time to deal him for a mid round pick. 

25 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Looks good to me. Though I’m high on BW at nose tackle, so I can’t see value I would take that would be close to worth parting with a veteran searching for a ring for his legacy. But yeah I would certainly trade Judon for anything 4th round and above.

Yeah, odds of dealing BW are very low. Was just curious to see if we got any nibbles and what he'd bring. 

1 hour ago, sp6488 said:

Yep. Too valuable on a UDFA minimum deal. Next offseason on tender would be time to deal him for a mid round pick. 

At his current contract, Gus Edwards is really valuable. There are plenty of RB's in the draft, but we would still have to find a replacement for him and take a chance on an unproven talent on a similar salary. I just don't see a reason to move him when we don't need more picks, unless it is a really good deal.

Judon I would set a price tag for either a 2. round pick (more than we would get with a comp pick), a 3 and a 4th round pick as a minimum deal. Lower offers/collection of picks and we can use his play at the tag for another year and by the end don't lose much.

BW I think is a guy we should just keep around. What he does well is not something that would disappear with age, so in that sense he can be a valuable clog in the middle that we could build around.

58 minutes ago, drd23 said:

But what is that "really good deal"?

A 3rd or two 4ths or something like that, which gives us an opportunity to either pack picks for trade or to grab one of the players falling. I just doubt people are interested in giving the value that would make sense for us. 

52 minutes ago, drd23 said:

You might be surprised

I might be.

I just see a lot of explanations when people mock runningbacks to the Ravens, and the explanation goes something like this "Big, physical back who fits well with Ravens downhill running style". I don't think a lot of fans and also media members understand, how difficult it is to play runningback with the way this offense is designed. It takes a lot of patience for that RB when Jackson holds the ball till the last second, and from there the RB has to be able to accellerate and have the vision to see the holes in the defense and let blockers get to their 2. level.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I've made available for trade the following names. 

QB - RG3

RB - Gus Edwards

OLB - Judon 

DT - Brandon Williams

Doesn't mean we'd trade them for nothing or at all for that matter, I'm just gauging what the interest. 

Everyone cool with that? Any other names you'd throw out there? 

So I wouldn’t deal Williams or Gus the bus. Ingram goes down, then we lack a true punisher as a Rb. Same goes for NT. Who would you intend on playing there?

Agree with what’s been said. Judon should fetch high 2nd round value. I’d use the trade value chart and grade Judon around 33-38 for value. The draft is weak at edge rushers and raises value for teams needing one. 
Vikings could be a team to target as they are without Griffen

1 minute ago, ravens5520 said:

So I wouldn’t deal Williams or Gus the bus. Ingram goes down, then we lack a true punisher as a Rb. Same goes for NT. Who would you intend on playing there?

It was really just to see what kind of offers I got for BW. The compensation would have to be great. Otherwise I wouldn't bother pulling the trigger. 

There's a couple things we could do if we got the right deal. Replace him early in the draft to get more youth on the line. Or trade for another NT veteran and draft early to mid for depth. The chances of either of these guys being moved is small. Except RG3