FFMD II '20 - Baltimore Ravens Front Office - Draft completed!

ny92mike

Just now, ravens5520 said:

67 + 109 = 331

Judon + 170(5th) 22 points 

This trade gives Judon late second value. I’m not the GM of this, but that’s pretty fair for both sides. Lions could use the boost at pass rush and Ravens get to move the cap for Watkins. 

@baltimoreRebel just and idea

Yeah, I see where you're coming from, but I don't have late second round value on Judon.

He's a solid player. We like him. We'd love to bring him back to Michigan, but this isn't a need for us. His age (27, and 28 by the start of the 2020 season), cap hit ($16M) and pending contract (north of $17M per year) have to be considered when gauging his value.

We're firm with mid-3rd round value, whether that be pick #85 (a fair offer, both here and in real life), or possibly pick #67 with a 4th round pick coming back from Baltimore. (The difference in value between #67 and #85 is 90 points, or a 3rd round comp pick. The late 4th round picks from Baltimore - #129 or #134 - are each worth around 40 points.)

We, respectfully, don't have an interest in giving more than mid-3rd round value, all factors considered.

Kansas City Chiefs Receive

Ravens 2nd round pick #55

Ravens 3rd Round Pick #106

Baltimore Ravens Receive

Kansas City 2nd Round Pick #63

WR - Sammy Watkins 

I just want to say that’s a good deal! Especially seeing what Watkins just took for a contract IRL

mid 3rd value for Watkins is solid

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Yeah, I see where you're coming from, but I don't have late second round value on Judon.

He's a solid player. We like him. We'd love to bring him back to Michigan, but this isn't a need for us. His age (27, and 28 by the start of the 2020 season), cap hit ($16M) and pending contract (north of $17M per year) have to be considered when gauging his value.

We're firm with mid-3rd round value, whether that be pick #85 (a fair offer, both here and in real life), or possibly pick #67 with a 4th round pick coming back from Baltimore. (The difference in value between #67 and #85 is 90 points, or a 3rd round comp pick. The late 4th round picks from Baltimore - #129 or #134 - are each worth around 40 points.)

We, respectfully, don't have an interest in giving more than mid-3rd round value, all factors considered.

Not my call, but I’d respectfully keep Judon if it was me. 
27-28 is prime years for most players. Pass rushers don’t fall off trees & this draft is weak as the rounds go on. Ravens added Baun to pair with Judon/Bowser/Ferguson. That’s a deadly rotation to get on the field. Ravens love their exotic blitz packagers

As I said, just my 2 cents with it. Ultimately B-Rebel call what he would prefer to do

19 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

Not my call, but I’d respectfully keep Judon if it was me. 

I understand completely.

Edit: and, in fairness, every fan base wants more for their players. Lions' fans wanted far more for Slay, and I know there are plenty of other examples. The contract demands really lower a player's trade value.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway

Gentlemen: as asked by baltimoreRebel, I have presented #85 for Judon to the Lions' forum. With some convincing, I have achieved a majority vote.

I'm not "playing hardball" or anything: I feel that, all things considered, his value is in the mid-3rd round range. This deal represents that value. I don't really have an interest in increasing this value, as it seems fair right now.

(Slay was traded for a 3rd and 5th, and I don't feel that Judon is as good a player as Slay. Sure, there was some stuff behind the scenes with Slay, but the talent gap between the two of them should account for the difference in value.)

Thank you for the respectful talks.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Gentlemen: as asked by baltimoreRebel, I have presented #85 for Judon to the Lions' forum. With some convincing, I have achieved a majority vote.

I'm not "playing hardball" or anything: I feel that, all things considered, his value is in the mid-3rd round range. This deal represents that value. I don't really have an interest in increasing this value, as it seems fair right now.

(Slay was traded for a 3rd and 5th, and I don't feel that Judon is as good a player as Slay. Sure, there was some stuff behind the scenes with Slay, but the talent gap between the two of them should account for the difference in value.)

We've been contacted by the Cardinals in regards Judon. I'll keep everyone posted. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

The Slay situation was ugly for that FO. I agree that he was worth more,  but every office knew they had bad blood. No team was coming in with a high offer. Don’t feel that’s the same situation. Ravens would keep Judon if a fair contract could be handled. They continue to speak on the desire of that outcome 

Judon has a top dollar tag, but if he’s traded IRL we have to understand it’s a sign & trade. The next team would only make such a move with a long term deal on the table. He won’t fetch 18 per year like Clowney. Reasonable 12-14 APY would be likely and also a tiered contract. 
Possible deal:

5 year deal: 75 mill

Cap hits:  10 - 12 - 15 - 18 - 20

Cap room continues to increase with the new CBA and we both know by the 5th year a re-structure or release takes place where the next team gets out cheap if needed. 

Just now, ravens5520 said:

The Slay situation was ugly for that FO. I agree that he was worth more,  but every office knew they had bad blood. No team was coming in with a high offer. Don’t feel that’s the same situation. Ravens would keep Judon if a fair contract could be handled. They continue to speak on the desire of that outcome 

Absolutely. My point was that Slay is also a better player, and that must be considered. (No offense to Judon here, but, if those situations were similar, he's not getting anywhere close to a 3rd and 5th.) Regardless, we like Judon, and would love to bring him home. We understand if the value doesn't match.

• Like 1

We've Trade Matt Judon 

The deal is. 

Ravens Receive:

#69 and #113 

Carolina Receives:

Matt Judon 

Justin Ellis 

We have the 2nd pick in the 3rd Round

We also swapped 4th round picks. We jump up 21 spots. 

He wanted a big bodied DT. I figured we can sign another big DT FA or address DL later in the draft. 

Thoughts? 

Edited by baltimoreRebel
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

For what it's worth, I would have traded Judon for a mid-3rd pick, provided we had a contingency plan in place to sign a replacement OLB. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

For what it's worth, I would have traded Judon for a mid-3rd pick, provided we had a contingency plan in place to sign a replacement OLB. 

I've traded Jidon

The details are in the messages previous to this. The FA plan would be to reunite with Sizzle, sign Clay Matthews or attempt a trade for Kerrigan for a later round pick. 

8 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Yeah, I think it's fair value, but it looks like you guys found a good deal for yourselves.

Thanks for the quality talks.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

I've traded Jidon

The details are in the messages previous to this. The FA plan would be to reunite with Sizzle, sign Clay Matthews or attempt a trade for Kerrigan for a later round pick. 

Yup you held out and got a better deal, well done!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baltimoreRebel said:

We've Trade Matt Judon 

The deal is. 

Ravens Receive:

#69 and #113 

Carolina Receives:

Matt Judon 

Justin Ellis 

We have the 2nd pick in the 3rd Round

We also swapped 4th round picks. We jump up 21 spots. 

He wanted a big bodied DT. I figured we can sign another big DT FA or address DL later in the draft. 

Thoughts? 

That’s great value.

It’s hard because other teams can read what I say here and I was hoping it didn’t lower Judon’s value in trade negotiations. But yeah mid 3rd felt like a great deal... so obtaining a high 3rd and getting a higher 4th while only giving up Ellis who I could care less about? Awesome deal. If DeCosta could swing something along those lines IRL I would call him a genius. Don’t think Judon is anywhere near worthy of a 2nd round pick tbqh. But that’s just my opinion.

So yeah, I’m certainly all in with this value.

• Like 2