FFMD II '20 - Baltimore Ravens Front Office - Draft completed!

ny92mike

3 hours ago, ravens5520 said:

When did he move up to the 3rd for value??  

Looking at a number of rankings, 3rd round seems about right for DPJ, but there isn't necessarily a consensus on him

CBS - WR15 and 88 overall
Walter Football - WR24 (3rd-5th rounder)
Draftek - WR11 & 81 overall
Athlon Sports - WR10
Draft Wire - WR13
Draft Countdown - WR 21
TDN - he tends to go in the late 2nd-3rd round using their mock draft machine
Rotowold - WR 16 (or WR13 and 80 overall by their analytics)

He's got good hands, athleticism and size and is a willing run blocker (which is important in our current system).  There are definitely questions about his ability to separate and his production though - even when you take into account that Michigan QBs have largely been trash over the past couple of years.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Looking at a number of rankings, 3rd round seems about right for DPJ, but there isn't necessarily a consensus on him

CBS - WR15 and 88 overall
Walter Football - WR24 (3rd-5th rounder)
Draftek - WR11 & 81 overall
Athlon Sports - WR10
Draft Wire - WR13
Draft Countdown - WR 21
TDN - he tends to go in the late 2nd-3rd round using their mock draft machine

He's got good hands, athleticism and size and is a willing run blocker (which is important in our current system).  There are definitely questions about his ability to separate and his production though - even when you take into account that Michigan QBs have largely been trash over the past couple of years.

Appreciate that info! Definitely did some research to find all those rankings out there

Only guy left on my board was Raekwon Davis or AJ Dillon. Sad to see Hunt & Ashtyn Davis go right in front of us. 

Bowden has a good skill set that could fit in well. I do like the pick for the future. Brown, Boykin & Bowden. Triple B attack haha

4 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

Only guy left on my board was Raekwon Davis or AJ Dillon. Sad to see Hunt & Ashtyn Davis go right in front of us. 

Bowden has a good skill set that could fit in well. I do like the pick for the future. Brown, Boykin & Bowden. Triple B attack haha

Hunt crushed my soul. I even messaged the GM saying good pick. Ridiculous value at this point. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, drd23 said:

Not the pick that I would have made but I do understand that Bowden does have some serious fans within the fan base 

Same. Think DPJ has a far superior release off the line, superior ball skills, wider catch radius, and offers return value (punts... which is far more important in the modern NFL) as well. All while having the superior profile with regard to his breakout age and athleticism scores.

But some tend to like Bowden Jr a lot so I figure there must be something there that I’m missing. I personally just see a Cordarelle Patterson type of player that produces off gimmick far more than off of technique. But maybe I haven’t watched the right tape.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

But some tend to like Bowden Jr a lot so I figure there must be something there that I’m missing. I personally just see a Cordarelle Patterson type of player that produces off gimmick far more than off of technique. But maybe I haven’t watched the right tape.

I've watched 5 games - VT (2019 Belk Bowl), Toledo, Florida, Mizzou & Georgia all 2019 - and I think it depends on which games you watch.  In most of them I saw a poor man's Taysom Hill (but one that is more elusive and with less power), maybe because he's mostly just an option QB that can't really throw in those games.  The Georgia game in particular is bad (in part because of the weather) - everything is just option hand-offs or him keeping it for a short gain.

I think every route run in the 2019 Florida was just a curl route of varying depths.  But the actual Kentucky QB was playing in the Toledo game and he makes some really nice catches in that one.

That said, I still don't think I'd spend more than a 5th on him

• Like 1

Raekwon Davis was the guy we should’ve looked harder at. The value alone was BPA Ravens Esq.

Still adding a WR in a loaded class is never a bad thing. At this point all the prospects will have flaws and potential in different areas. Bowden has one thing that I saw on a few tapes was his aggressiveness. Not comparing to the Steve Smiths of the world,  but If he continues to play with that mentality it could really work out for slot opportunities. Just don’t see him on the outside very much 

4 hours ago, ravens5520 said:

Raekwon Davis was the guy we should’ve looked harder at. The value alone was BPA Ravens Esq.

Still adding a WR in a loaded class is never a bad thing. At this point all the prospects will have flaws and potential in different areas. Bowden has one thing that I saw on a few tapes was his aggressiveness. Not comparing to the Steve Smiths of the world,  but If he continues to play with that mentality it could really work out for slot opportunities. Just don’t see him on the outside very much 

I agree about Davis. For some reason I thought Biadasz was still available at our pick and that was my highest grade option by far. But with Davis he’s an elite run stuffer at worst and has pass rush potential if he can optimize his skillset. Hopefully he falls to our next pick in which case he would be a stone cold BPA option for sure.

There has been a trade!

Baltimore Receives: #85

Detroit Receives: #92 & #156

Our Baltimore Ravens Select:

Raekwon Davis - DE, Alabama 

You gotta trust the process guys. Davis was almost the pick last time but I wanted to ensure we got our Swiss army knife to add yet another layer to the offense. The way the WR board was falling, I didn't feel comfortable waiting. We got our guy at an insane value. 

• Like 1