FFMD II New York Giants Front Office- Trade Down #7... OTC 2PM

EaglesPeteC

Just now, Acgott said:

Anyway, I support the majority OL if no trade is available 

No word on a trade and at this point too late really to work out a deal.

After watching more tape on Thomas...walks in and starts LT day one.  We push Solder out to RT.

6 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

No word on a trade and at this point too late really to work out a deal.

After watching more tape on Thomas...walks in and starts LT day one.  We push Solder out to RT.

Sorry craziness with work today,

I feel Thomas isn’t the #1 OL on most big boards, but I support your decision 

3 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Sorry craziness with work today,

I feel Thomas isn’t the #1 OL on most big boards, but I support your decision 

I think he's a true LT...quick feet good strength plays every down from start to finish.  He needs to refine but he's a top talent IMO.

Just now, ny92mike said:

I think he's a true LT...quick feet good strength plays every down from start to finish.  He needs to refine but he's a top talent IMO.

Then I’ll support your decision. Not a fan of the word “refine”, that just screams the ugly potential word 

32 minutes ago, PR said:

The place where Becton falters though is his balance. He is supremely solid moving forward with the block and road grading. That's why he would be an asset for Barkley. Where I believe he falters is handling the movement backwards and I think he will struggle with the better talent the NFL provides unless he is on the right side.

Becton's 2018 tape is littered with balance issues. In 2019, those looked corrected with better footwork and improved hand usage. While he lapsed and leaned forward at times, he was actually better as a pass blocker in 2019. He also played really well against speed this year, and for all his athleticism Wirfs cannot handle a move back to the inside to save his life. If I had to bet on it, Wirfs will be moved into the interior of the O-Line at some point in his rookie contract. If he's having this big an issue against college level inside moves, than he will get eaten alive by NFL Rushers. The reason why he looses so often on these moves is because of how deep he gets into his set which gave me flashbacks to when Flowers was handling the LT spot. Mind you, Wirfs is lining up as Flowers did with better athleticism and on the right side

If anyone in this class reminds me of Flowers, it's Wirfs.