FFMD II '20 - Cincinnati Bengals Front Office

ny92mike

Just now, johndeere1707 said:

Looks like we on the clock. I say we go WR here with the value

Donovan Peoples-Jones or Van Jefferson for me

I was thinking WR too, I'd say DPJ's upside and we have the depth to groom him this year.   Jefferson is already 23 and has an injury history.  What are the top options at each position?

IOL, Edge, S, WR, LB, IDL, RB, TE

Just now, THE DUKE said:

I was thinking WR too, I'd say DPJ's upside and we have the depth to groom him this year.   Jefferson is already 23 and has an injury history.  What are the top options at each position?

IOL, Edge, S, WR, LB, IDL, RB, TE

OG- Solomon Kindley/Damien Lewis

EDGE- Darrell Taylor

S- no one I’d take 

WR- DPJ, Jefferson, Duvernay, AGG, KJ Hill

LB- Gay Jr. 

IDL- Rashard Lawrence 

RB- Zack Moss, AJ Dillon

Te- Albert O

Of  those listed, Gay is by far the best player. DPJ is a good athlete but not a good football player, at least by NFL standards. If we went receiver, I'd rather have Duvernay but we don't need to take a WR here. What about Harrison Bryant? We need a receiving TE. According to The Athletic, Sample and Uzomah combined for exactly 2 3rd down conversions last year. 

• Like 1

Van Jefferson is the only receiver I'm interested in here. There are still lots left and we can wait a round or two to grab someone else. I'm not a DPJ fan at all. 

Throwing out some names that look provide best combination of talent/value: Van Jefferson, Damien Lewis, Jason Strowbridge, Gay Jr., Saadiq Charles, Tony Pride Jr., Soloman Kindley. 

Willie Gay Jr. is exceptional value here. I wouldn't mind double dipping at LB back to back seeing as we only have Bynes, Pratt, and Evans signed to the roster. 

I vote Damien Lewis. Guard is one of the weakest positions on the roster and it hasn't been addressed yet. He can probably start day 1 over Sua-Filo at RG. 

1. Damien Lewis

2. Willie Gay Jr.

3. Van Jefferson

Edited by SmittyBacall

6 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Of  those listed, Gay is by far the best player. DPJ is a good athlete but not a good football player, at least by NFL standards. If we went receiver, I'd rather have Duvernay but we don't need to take a WR here. What about Harrison Bryant? We need a receiving TE. According to The Athletic, Sample and Uzomah combined for exactly 2 3rd down conversions last year. 

Agreed on DPJ. We use 11-personnel too much to invest another semi-premium pick at the position. We need to see what Sample is made of.