FFMD II '20 - Chicago Bears Front Office

ny92mike

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

So Far

2[43] WR K.J Hamler [Penn State] 

*Trade: The Chicago Bears trade 2[50] to the KC Chiefs for 2[55] and 4[138].

2[55] QB Jordan Love [Utah St]

4[138]

33 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

4[138] OG Tyre Phillips [Mississippi St]

Good draft so far. Go OT or SS for the next pick and it's looking solid.

I think if they did draft Love, then some hard decisions would need to be made IMO.  Either Foles or MT need to go or be sidelined I guess since you are already paying them.   Probably MT.   

Young players need reps to develop and an investment in Love should mean practice reps and coaches attention.  Having Love standing around in practice watching MT and Foles for a full season would likely be a total waste of a pick.

Starter gets starter reps and Love gets back up reps. 

Now if they draft Love, because they were shocked he was there or whatever,  would they do that?  Nah.  They would have him stand around for a year and be third string because they are the Bears. 

I was always pissed when they drafted MT and then gave Glennon vast majority of reps because he didn’t know offense either.  The whole situation with a lame duck Fox, a FA QB and a rookie QB was unfortunate for all involved.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Young players need reps to develop and an investment in Love should mean practice reps and coaches attention.  Having Love standing around in practice watching MT and Foles for a full season would likely be a total waste of a pick.

I don't see how it would be a waste of a pick if he's the starter the following season and plays well for the fifteen years, or something. Whoever drafts Love (spoiler alert: it won't be the Bears), needs to sit him for a season, or at least close to it. The last year in college was really rough for him. 

46 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I don't see how it would be a waste of a pick if he's the starter the following season and plays well for the fifteen years, or something. Whoever drafts Love (spoiler alert: it won't be the Bears), needs to sit him for a season, or at least close to it. The last year in college was really rough for him. 

I agree. I don't think if Love sits all year it's a waste of a pick. If they took Love they'd likely deal Trubisky & let Love sit all season. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

They wouldn't draft Love and also keep Trubisky, so there goes that theory.

You don't know that.

MT's contract is guaranteed as is Foles for 2020 and 100% is dead money.

MT likely has no trade market and you would be eating 100% of his contract in terms of cap space.  Not sure you could give him away.  Who would take him?  Belichick maybe.

If they did draft Love they would probably have to go with 3 QBs.  My point was figuring out to divide the reps in that scenario and why give MT any reps if he is dead in water?

23 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

You don't know that.

MT's contract is guaranteed as is Foles for 2020 and 100% is dead money.

MT likely has no trade market and you would be eating 100% of his contract in terms of cap space.  Not sure you could give him away.  Who would take him?  Belichick maybe.

If they did draft Love they would probably have to go with 3 QBs.  My point was figuring out to divide the reps in that scenario and why give MT any reps if he is dead in water?

Do you really think they'd trade 3-4 picks for Love and then have him take 0 snaps for 4 months? Come on.