FFMD II '20 - Chicago Bears Front Office

ny92mike

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

This a pure mock draft though, isn't it? Not constructing a fantasy team, or anything? That's how I read it, anyway...

Not much for mock draft either Heinz.  I leave that to others who enjoy that kind of thing.  Sorry.

On 3/27/2020 at 8:26 PM, Heinz D. said:

But, as per the draft dudes' suggestion, we're the GMs scouts and whatnot...so all of our opinions should be put forth

Problem is, Windy doesn't come off as someone who would take anyone else's advice into consideration. He seems like the type that believes he way is the best way and any other alternative is wrong. 

10 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Problem is, Windy doesn't come off as someone who would take anyone else's advice into consideration. He seems like the type that believes he way is the best way and any other alternative is wrong. 

Very collaborative, even with very sensitive people.

Just know we are drafting some damn OLmen if I am in charge.

• Like 2

It’s actually a lot of fun.  Its a lot more challenging than draft simulators which can be predicted and manipulated with repetition.  

It shows you scouting isn’t all that easy.  

It takes about 4 years to really find out how you did though.  

Problem come in when people start dropping out in rounds 6 and 7 and missing picks. Most of people doing it are die hards though.   Should be more intense with everyone spending more time at home due to virus issues.  

I would do it, but I have put very little time into looking at college players this year.  I think one of you guys should.   If no one else steps up I will.  

19 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

So what? If Pace is looking to us as to what to do, we should feel lucky anyway. ;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

It’s actually a lot of fun.  Its a lot more challenging than draft simulators which can be predicted and manipulated with repetition.  

It shows you scouting isn’t all that easy.  

It takes about 4 years to really find out how you did though.  

Problem come in when people start dropping out in rounds 6 and 7 and missing picks. Most of people doing it are die hards though.   Should be more intense with everyone spending more time at home due to virus issues.  

I would do it, but I have put very little time into looking at college players this year.  I think one of you guys should.   If no one else steps up I will.  

Missed this. My bad. Windy's volunteered to be GM, which should makes things more interesting as he's always advocating a trade down or two. I hope Pace doesn't go that way, but for our forum amusement, I see no reason Windy shouldn't...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Very collaborative, even with very sensitive people.

Just know we are drafting some damn OLmen if I am in charge.

I was only half-*** joking with ya bud lol. I guess I should've emphasized that. This is right up your alley man, especially with how many different mocks that you do every year. GL with it.

I think you be hard pressed to find any Bears fan who disagrees with OL being a priority. Maybe not to the same extent for everyone but a big priority nonetheless. 

Can't speak for everyone, but IMO it's also dependent on how the draft plays out on whether or not to take an OL player in the 2nd. I wouldn't wanna reach just because I'm dead-set on the OL position and end up passing on a really good player who just happens to fall who would also fill an additional need (WR, CB, TE).

8 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Missed this. My bad. Windy's volunteered to be GM, which should makes things more interesting as he's always advocating a trade down or two. I hope Pace doesn't go that way, but for our forum amusement, I see no reason Windy shouldn't...

Why are you against trading down?

IMO, we can't possibly go into the draft with only two mid-2nd rd picks, none in the 3rd, none in the 4th, and only one in the mid-5th and expect to fill needs. We would damn near need to hit on every draft pick for that to work out well...ala 2017 Saints x2 style. So in that sense, I would agree wholeheartedly with Windy if he chose to move down. 

I honestly don't think Pace has much of a choice but to trade down at this point and I don't disagree with it either. 

I could see Pace using the 50 or 43 pick to trade with NE again this year. Belichick loves to wheel and deal on draft day. He doesn't have a 2nd round pick and is working with 11 picks in the 3rd round and later.

Trade #50 to NE for #87, #98, #125, and 2021 5th round pick. This gives Belichick a 2nd, he still has a late-3rd and beings that he has 4 picks in the 6th rd and 2 more in the 7th I could see him packaging something to together to recoup on the 4th he traded to us. And probably get more knowing how active he usually he is on days 1 and 2.

I'm also not ruling out the possibility of an expected player being packaged in a deal (with future picks) to either move UP --yes UP--- to grab a late 1st. This ofcourse would not be logical and I would hate it but I would not be surprised either.

In this scenario, the only players that would make sense based on performance and contract wise would be Robinson, Fuller, and Hicks. Patterson, Cohen, Leno and Burton on a lower extent.

My perfect scenario

43. WR there is so much talent that should be there. Unless one of the top 6 OTs falls.

50. trade down

Late 2nd or early 3rd and land an OG or OT.

Not having a 3rd or 4th round picks is an issue. S, CB, TE can be addressed in these rounds withe adequete value

• Like 2

15 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Why are you against trading down?

I feel that we're not in a position to sacrifice higher percentage guys for more bodies. In general, I wouldn't be against trading down, but this year is different. There is some serious depth of talent out there, and Pace can't dink around and screw this up. I'd be for a trade UP (for an O Lineman), but not down...

Actually way draft board breaks down multiple trade downs (if available) makes sense.

But you should be doing so with specific players in mind and with reasonable assurance that they will be where you expect them to be.

You shouldn't trade down or up willy nilly unless you are trading for future picks and get a good offer.

15 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I feel that we're not in a position to sacrifice higher percentage guys for more bodies. In general, I wouldn't be against trading down, but this year is different. There is some serious depth of talent out there, and Pace can't dink around and screw this up. I'd be for a trade UP (for an O Lineman), but not down...

Are they really that much higher percentage?

Pace has missed on 3/4 top 10 picks which are the highest percentage guys.

8 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

There are some teams asking about some of our guys for trade.

I am wondering if people want to give some feedback on how they value

Tarik Cohen

RRH

Anyone else that we would be okay with moving.

I would personally stay away from player trades or trading future picks.  It ruins the experience which is about the current year draft.  If I was running these drafts I would ban them.  

You want to select college players based off your own evaluations and see how you did 4 years later.   People will declare winners and this or that but nobody knows until it all plays out over time.