Mekhi Becton, T- Louisville ; failed drug test at combine

ravishingone

10 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

That was my first thought too.

But he's not part of the NFL union yet, so he's probably not subject to anything.

I'd guess it's 60 days from when he signs his contract.

That s definitely grey area because he got tested at an NFL sponsored event the combine.  Not sure how the NFLPA  would have negotiated it.   

I would be very surprised if Becton drops out of the top 15.  Pretty confident his agent has already done damage control  well in advance of this getting out to the public.

4 hours ago, ravishingone said:

That s definitely grey area because he got tested at an NFL sponsored event the combine.  Not sure how the NFLPA  would have negotiated it.   

I would be very surprised if Becton drops out of the top 15.  Pretty confident his agent has already done damage control  well in advance of this getting out to the public.

I dunno. I'd imagine the drug test would be like any pre-employment test though. Then you start out on probation?

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I dunno. I'd imagine the drug test would be like any pre-employment test though. Then you start out on probation?

Something like that. It's still bad publicity, but not a deal-breaker like it would've been just 20-30 years ago.

On 4/17/2020 at 11:02 PM, bucsfan333 said:

Luckily for him, with the new rules, this isn't a big deal.

I wonder if the 60 days started from the combine or when we all found out.

It's not a big deal if this was the only thing, but for a job interview, knowing you're going to get tested, it's pretty stupid. Also add in the concerns on his weight/work ethic and his technical flaws on the field, he's a second round developmental prospect. His film doesn''t show stud Tackle. 

14 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

It's not a big deal if this was the only thing, but for a job interview, knowing you're going to get tested, it's pretty stupid. Also add in the concerns on his weight/work ethic and his technical flaws on the field, he's a second round developmental prospect. His film doesn''t show stud Tackle. 

I saw a mock on NFL.com of Becton going #4 to the Giants. Just yesterday.